• It depends on the legality of the crime

If a close friend or relative was to be raped or murdered. I would want nothing more than to see that person go through the same pain as they had put onto my family and I through. It would bring closure to the family if they where put away for good. If there is a repeated offender who every time he gets out rapes and terrorizes kids. I would want to see nothing but him rot in prison but the thing is they can only go to prison for so long in canada. But if they commit murder of the first degree. Fry the bastarrd

• Imagine ali.M aka alibaba

Ali is very stupidAli is very stupidAli is very stupidAli is very stupidAli is very stupidAli is very stupidAli is very stupidAli is very stupidAli is very stupidAli is very stupidAli is very stupidAli is very stupidAli is very stupidAli is very stupidAli is very stupidAli is very stupidAli is very stupid

• Right or Wrong?

Okay, so everyone is on here saying "It is not right. " It is right. If someone was to rape or kill my baby, little brother, or little sister, I would not want that person to live. You know you would not want them to either. You cannot possibly say that you can look at the face of the man/woman that killed or raped (or even both) to your baby. These killers and rapist use "I made a mistake", "I did not mean too". How did you not mean too? How did you not mean to kill and rape a person? IT DOES NOT JUST HAPPEN.

• Right or Wrong?

• Bsuib subauc usibc

Tgh hge i g uhh g buy buy buy u n b u i uib u bui b bn hh h h n u uno hoh n jin imi mi i ij hh b jn jn umi ij jhi hhl hl nn nu n n i nmn l hjh h

• Bsuib subauc usibc

• Bsuib subauc usibc

• It is right

It s right because it is right based on its rightness and its simple logic and rightness. So in conclusion its right with all rightness in forethought. It is as right as all thing that are right have been right and will be right from here on out. Yeppers indeed.

• It's not revenge, or anything. It's for everyone's safety, for once let's not think too much.

If murderers are sentenced to Death and executed, potential murderers will think twice before killing for fear of losing their lives. Biblically, God clearly said in the ten commandments, Exodus 20:13 "Thou shall not commit murder" though it is also stated in the Old Testament that death penalty is commanded for various acts. Murder (Exodus 21:12), Bestiality (Exodus 22:19), Adultery (Leviticus 20:10), Prostitution and rape (Deuteronomy 22:24) etcc.

In acts 25:11, Paul didn't deny the right of the state to execute people.
    The Government has the right to execute the perpetrators of the most evil crimes.
    If by example a serial killer will continue to live and teach or influence other people to kill or victimized innocent people then crime rate will increase. If a public execution is to happen, Fear will first reside in the people, possibility of crimes will get lower.

If no one will set an example, if no one will set things right then the world will be in chaos. The government is only thinking of the country's safety.

In Noah's time. Because people became too evil, God punished them and eventually the people that wasn't with Noah died.

So there's still morality in evidence.

So there's still morality in evidence.

• May I ask anyone who supports the Death Penalty

Let us employ some logic here. If someone is sentenced the death penalty, for say-.. Murder. How is this teaching other people that murder isn't..It just does not make any sense in the least. Why would you sit there and punish someone for killing some other person, then do the exact thing you are yelling to them about. It's like a catholic priest telling people not to touch kids. Hypocrisy.

Secondly, it's not morally right. We have no right to take someone's life, no matter what they have done.

• Death Penalty is wrong

If there going to kill someone, well thats against the law so there breaking it too, and thats not good, If the person who killed someone should get sent life to jail with no way to get out, In Minnesota there is no death penalty and Im happy about that but still there should not be a penalty

• No because it is Immoral and ineffective.

From 1991 to 2011 the states without the death penalty had an (on average) 31.7 % lower murder rate than the states that had the death penalty. (deathpenaltyinfo.Org)

These facts show that the death penalty does not lower the crime rate, so it is ineffective. Also it is immoral to put someone to death.

• Death penalty is wrong

How do you teach someone not to kill by killing them? You see it makes no sense.You must give others second chances.2 raring doesn't make a right! You see the government did the same thing the murderer did so they both are criminals at the end . I stand supported.

• What's the point?

The death penalty. I understand people do bad. I get that they have done the unforgivable. But what makes the law different? What gives humanity so much power to end a person life and not get punished for it? The law is committing the same crime. They work out of revenge rather than justice.

• What does it gain?

People can say that they have no right to walk the Earth but it almost seems pathetic to jump to the conclusion of revenge. If the resolution to murder is killing, doesn't that prove the harsh variety of opinion we get. 50% of people jump to revenge. Lock them up, treat them terribly but execution occurs and causes no suffering (in terms of lethal injection.) What does it gain other than the fact that they are not around? It's the same question that a murderer would be asked before he killed someone. What does it gain?

People are people and you have to accept that some people do some horrible things but who sits and dreams of having the job of executing someone with a needle. You causing their last breath? It's alright saying they deserve it but don't let the idea of revenge plague your decision. Maybe they had reason to murder another human being, but what reason do we have to execute people?

• It is very bad

Is not a deterrent; crime rates have not gone down.
    In fact, the murder rate in the US is 6 times that of Britain and 5 times that of Australia. Neither country has the DP. Texas has twice the murder rate of Wisconsin, a state that doesn't have the DP. Texas and Oklahoma have historically executed the most number of DR inmates, yet in 2003 their state murder rates increased, and both have murder rates higher than the national average.

• The law of parties completely wrong and illegal

So my arguement is this. The law of parties, so you may not actually be a murderer but you may have been at the scene when it happened. You didn't kill but you were present. Does that mean that they have a right to kill that person? I say yes if you were the one who committed that hideous crime. But, punish them yes lock them up but kill them no! The law of parties has to be one of the worst laws that was ever introduced.

• "An eye for an eye, makes the whole world blind."Ghandi

How could you live with yourself after murdering another human being? Weather you like it or not, the're people too. How do you teach people not to, say murder, by murdering them? How does that make sense? We have no right to take the life of another person, and lets keep it that way.

• Not right but needed

I don't think the death penalty is right in the idea that we are deciding to put to death another individual. However if I am voting on it I would vote in favor for it because I think we need it today. Consider it a necessary evil where we are worse off without it then with it.