Is the death sentence right for criminals who have murdered (yes) or should they be given the chance to reform (no)?

• If murderers get sentenced to death they will be a lesson to the rest.

If someone murders and they only get in jail for whatever number of years then that won't stop them from killing more. If they knew they would be sentenced to death then they might withdraw their murder/revenge. It is because the judgment for the murderers is not enough, that they are not afraid and that they feel it's okay to murder, "I would only be put in jail for whatever number of years and then I'd be free."

• Yes! I think it foolish to release the ones who have done crime

If we release the criminals then no use of court and police . If these criminals is released then who will guarntee that they will not do any crime further or will not harm that person who had filed a case against him. A criminal is a criminal, he cannot change. I would just say that these criminals should be hanged to death .

• The punishment fits the crime

It seems silly, but if we go on and continue to let murders get away with what they have done, what kind of justice is that? If they were in the right mental state at the time and committed a crime knowing what they were doing, they should be given the death sentence.

• The victims wasn't given a second chance, so why should the murderer be given a second chance?

The truth is, they shouldn't be given a second chance unless it was an accident, self-defense, or some form in which they didn't intentionally mean to kill someone. If someone takes another's life with no regard and in cold blood, they should be automatically put to death. Of course as long as it's proven without a shadow of a doubt. Giving someone life in prison without the possibility of parole is a waste of tax payers money, and a waste of time. If someone feels the death penalty is wrong, then maybe it would have been a good decision to think before you act. Commit the crime, suffer the consequences. Child molester's and serial killers should automatically be given the death penalty.

• Why should a life be taken away & one not have to be punished in the same way.

A person whom does not respect and value another person's life should not have one of their own. Why allow a criminal to live their life if someone else's was taken away. Why would you allow a sick person to harm an innocent person's life and only get life in prison.

• If people cannot value the importance of a life, then they dont deserve to keep their's while they are allowed to take anothers.

I get it, it was an accident. Im not worried about that, but if you had motive or a purpose, then why try to keep your life when you stole something precious from another. A life is one in infinity, once it's gone, then you can never get it back. Please remember that life is precious and if you cannot see that then why were you gifted someone. Those who choose to take a life or multiple obviousy dont deserve to keep their's.

• Yeah they deserve to die and be tortured for their crimes.

There needs to be tougher sentences for people who murder and kill, instead of getting 16 years then out after 7. That is unacceptable and there needs to be zero tolerance and they should not get a second chance. They are doing it because they know they won't get much of a sentence and they have no qualms about doing 10 years time.

• Yes, why should they get to live their life when they took someone elses?

I don't think murderers should be able to live the rest of their lives when they took someone else's life. And plus, if you let the murderers live, then no one is going to learn anything and they're just going to keep killing people. The only exception is if someone was killed because someone was defending themselves. If someone was in danger and used self defense mechanisms and killed someone then i feel like that is perfectly fine because they were just protecting themselves, they weren't actually trying to kill them.

• A life for a life or at least a life for a life in prison

I believe that either the death penalty or life in prison should be the only punishment for murder. People and people involved with murder shouldn't get to live the rest of their lives if they ended someone else's. It's not fair to the victim. Now I know some murders aren't intentional and happen purely by accident or are just an unlucky situation and community service or something similar should be the sentence.

• An eye for an eye will leave the whole world blind

If we say yes, the we are just as bad as they are. Some people murder as self defence; in some cases its just an accident. Also no one has the right to take the life of another person, i believe the only exception is if the person is unsafe and in danger of harming other people. E.G. Terrorists, Child exploiters.

• No, reformation is the best aim of punishment!

I don't believe that the death sentence is right because why would we kill people who have killed people to show killing people is wrong? I think everyone should have the chance to reform into a better person and surely being in prison on a life sentence, isn't that enough to punish someone? To isolate them from the world and make them think about what they have done everyday? I don't know. I just don't think death should be an option for punishment.

• It doesn't give the murderer a chance.

If we kill them then they have no chance to make there life better.
    People may have struggled growing up and so if we help rehabilitate them then they can make something of there life. They could change and then help other people who are just like them.
    Rehabilitation is the most helpful thing to humanity.

• I don't believe that the death penalty is truly the right solution, this is just justice for the inmate to get off the crime easy.

It makes the inmate think that what they've done is still okay to do and whether or not they get the penalty they'll still be doing the same crime. It wont change the way that the criminal thinks. Its all based on the criminals upbringing. The death penalty will always be wrong in my eyes.

• Yes! If you kill a murderer, the amount of killers remains the same.

I think that it is not necessary because if you kill a murderer, the amount of killers remains the same. Also, how would you like it if you were put to death on ACCIDENT? That happens a lot, ad every right-minded person knows tat is extremely unfair! That is all.

• False accusation .

What if the court send the wrong guy to jail? They'd have to execute an innocent person. No one has the right to end a person's life. It is inhumane. Instead of executing a person, they should be given life imprisonment so they have time to think of what they've done.

• Many Hypocritical Authorities

Ok, I am only Thirteen Years old, but I am glad to speak in this discussion with you guys,
    my thoughts on this is no, but at the same time I would say that this is also a yes,
    Here are my Thoughts
    No: If the USA was to kill this one criminal for murdering, then it would be Hypocritical of them to do so, and as such in the very fact that the USA murdered countless people, in wars, and as such, EXECUTIONS.
    Yes: However, I actually think that some Criminals would be better off dead, but at the same time, they are human, BUT, I think that they would be better off if they committed the countless crimes without any regrets, and constantly ruined people's lives, but if they show a sign of Remorse and actually showed a sign of remorse, I think the proper punishment would be to make at least a half lifetime Sentence in Jail, or at least 10 years in Prison.

• Criminals are people too.

My main argument here is Human Rights. Two of those rights are that you have the right to live, and that no one can take away your rights. All Human rights apply if you are a Human, and criminals are Humans. You might argue with: "Well they've killed people, therefore taking their rights from them", but we shouldn't reduce ourselves to their level. It doesn't matter what you do, you have the right to live, and no one should be able to take that from you,

• Murdering the murderer?

Yes, murderers are awful but surely fighting murder with murder isn't going to help situations? If anything it will make them worse by making it look like killing people is okay in some circumstances (which it is not). Besides killing them would be the easy way out for them; what about a lifetime in prison?

• It is horrific

The death penalty is an outdated and barbaric system of punishment. We can't call someone a criminal for killing someone else but then think our actions are okay when we kill them as punishment.

Two wrongs do not make a right.

It is cheaper to keep someone in jail for life than to issue the death penalty and there is no evidence to support the arguement that the death penalty is a deterrent for others.

What's more many people have been falsely executed and then found to have been not guilty after the fact and this includes people who have confessed to their crimes.