Is the death sentence right for criminals who have murdered (yes) or should they be given the chance to reform (no)?

• If murderers get sentenced to death they will be a lesson to the rest.

If someone murders and they only get in jail for whatever number of years then that won't stop them from killing more. If they knew they would be sentenced to death then they might withdraw their murder/revenge. It is because the judgment for the murderers is not enough, that they are not afraid and that they feel it's okay to murder, "I would only be put in jail for whatever number of years and then I'd be free."

• Yes! I think it foolish to release the ones who have done crime

If we release the criminals then no use of court and police . If these criminals is released then who will guarntee that they will not do any crime further or will not harm that person who had filed a case against him. A criminal is a criminal, he cannot change. I would just say that these criminals should be hanged to death .

• The punishment fits the crime

It seems silly, but if we go on and continue to let murders get away with what they have done, what kind of justice is that? If they were in the right mental state at the time and committed a crime knowing what they were doing, they should be given the death sentence.

• Yes, why should they get to live their life when they took someone elses?

I don't think murderers should be able to live the rest of their lives when they took someone else's life. And plus, if you let the murderers live, then no one is going to learn anything and they're just going to keep killing people. The only exception is if someone was killed because someone was defending themselves. If someone was in danger and used self defense mechanisms and killed someone then i feel like that is perfectly fine because they were just protecting themselves, they weren't actually trying to kill them.

• A life for a life or at least a life for a life in prison

I believe that either the death penalty or life in prison should be the only punishment for murder. People and people involved with murder shouldn't get to live the rest of their lives if they ended someone else's. It's not fair to the victim. Now I know some murders aren't intentional and happen purely by accident or are just an unlucky situation and community service or something similar should be the sentence.

• A life for a life

I believe that anyone that murders someone, and anyone involved with murder should be given the death penalty. It is not fair to the victim that the person and/or persons involved with ending their life are allowed to continue living their own life. It is absolutely despicable that the death penalty isn't the only punishment a murderer and those who help with a murder are involved with. Why should murderers get to live the rest of their lives even if they ended someone else's life? They shouldn't. If the death penalty isn't the punishment permitted, life in prison should be the only other punishment.

• Yes, and should be put to dead the same way their victims died..

Ok, half of you won't even read my option, cause of the fact I'm for it. And I will agree that I see the no side of it...All I'm going to say is that, some people are dead inside and have no regrets or saddness for what they have done...A life time in prison isnt a punishment, it's a life time vaction. Free food. Medical, dential. Skills trainning. All on our tax dollars .And for what a murder. Let's say he murdered his family, stabbed his 3 year old daughter to dead. Put her in a suit case, maybe while still half alive. Puts her in the lake. Strangled his wife and 5 year old son. Cut them up and put them in bags. And he deserves to live...No. Human rights I agress. But that moment you kill someone else. For no reason. You have no rights. And on that note...Not just dead row...They should be out to dead the same why their victims were...But that's just my option...Good day

• Many Hypocritical Authorities

Ok, I am only Thirteen Years old, but I am glad to speak in this discussion with you guys,
    my thoughts on this is no, but at the same time I would say that this is also a yes,
    Here are my Thoughts
    No: If the USA was to kill this one criminal for murdering, then it would be Hypocritical of them to do so, and as such in the very fact that the USA murdered countless people, in wars, and as such, EXECUTIONS.
    Yes: However, I actually think that some Criminals would be better off dead, but at the same time, they are human, BUT, I think that they would be better off if they committed the countless crimes without any regrets, and constantly ruined people's lives, but if they show a sign of Remorse and actually showed a sign of remorse, I think the proper punishment would be to make at least a half lifetime Sentence in Jail, or at least 10 years in Prison.

• Yes death penalty should come back

The death penalty should be brought back because its no use if you arrest a criminal for how many years and release them again. This criminals will not learn anythng from this petty punishment its those thngs there will always be a high death rate so please i urge the government to bring back the death penalty

• An eye for an eye will leave the whole world blind

If we say yes, the we are just as bad as they are. Some people murder as self defence; in some cases its just an accident. Also no one has the right to take the life of another person, i believe the only exception is if the person is unsafe and in danger of harming other people. E.G. Terrorists, Child exploiters.

• No, reformation is the best aim of punishment!

I don't believe that the death sentence is right because why would we kill people who have killed people to show killing people is wrong? I think everyone should have the chance to reform into a better person and surely being in prison on a life sentence, isn't that enough to punish someone? To isolate them from the world and make them think about what they have done everyday? I don't know. I just don't think death should be an option for punishment.

• Yes! If you kill a murderer, the amount of killers remains the same.

I think that it is not necessary because if you kill a murderer, the amount of killers remains the same. Also, how would you like it if you were put to death on ACCIDENT? That happens a lot, ad every right-minded person knows tat is extremely unfair! That is all.

• False accusation .

What if the court send the wrong guy to jail? They'd have to execute an innocent person. No one has the right to end a person's life. It is inhumane. Instead of executing a person, they should be given life imprisonment so they have time to think of what they've done.

• Many Hypocritical Authorities

Here are my Thoughts

• Criminals are people too.

My main argument here is Human Rights. Two of those rights are that you have the right to live, and that no one can take away your rights. All Human rights apply if you are a Human, and criminals are Humans. You might argue with: "Well they've killed people, therefore taking their rights from them", but we shouldn't reduce ourselves to their level. It doesn't matter what you do, you have the right to live, and no one should be able to take that from you,

• Murdering the murderer?

Yes, murderers are awful but surely fighting murder with murder isn't going to help situations? If anything it will make them worse by making it look like killing people is okay in some circumstances (which it is not). Besides killing them would be the easy way out for them; what about a lifetime in prison?

• It is horrific

The death penalty is an outdated and barbaric system of punishment. We can't call someone a criminal for killing someone else but then think our actions are okay when we kill them as punishment.

Two wrongs do not make a right.

It is cheaper to keep someone in jail for life than to issue the death penalty and there is no evidence to support the arguement that the death penalty is a deterrent for others.

What's more many people have been falsely executed and then found to have been not guilty after the fact and this includes people who have confessed to their crimes.

• Some do deserve it, but the effects don't work.

Typically, death sentence is replaced with life imprisonment without parole. For one thing, death sentence has no deterrence so it doesn't really lower the murder rate. Some people kill, but they end up feeling guilty after years have passed.

Taking guilt into account, some prisoners feel guilty enough to kill themselves over what they did. If death sentence was applied, guilt and suffering ends as soon as their heart stops. If they were given the chance to reform in life imprisonment, the guilt grows with their cell being their constant reminder. If they do kill themselves, that's kind of like death sentence, right?

Overall, most criminals should reform, but I do agree there are some who deserve it. By that, I mean the ones who brutally rape and kill thousands of people in a month for no good reason. But most murderers didn't kill that many people.