Is the debate over birth control being used as a wedge issue by conservative politicians to play their political base?

• The debate over birth control is being used as a wedge issue by conservative politicians to play their political base.

The debate over birth control is being used as a wedge issue by conservative politicians to play their political base. Politics is what motivates the government to do basically anything in Washington. I think that they will continue to use issues like birth control to play a part in their politics.

• Religion as a tool of control

Arguments against birth control being supported by a health care plan or even be a treatment option at all for people is nothing more than an incredibly vocal minority playing up a religious angle to try and confuse their extremely elderly base demographic that is petrified of progressive societal movement. By playing up fears about birth control, religious oppression, abortion, minorities, or gays, conservative politicians play to the fears of voters who are stupid enough to vote on a single topic (Religion) while blindly ignoring the fact that the party they are voting for is trying to strip their Medicare, Social Security, housing benefits, and every other social safety net the elderly enjoy.

• Yes, that is exactly what is happening.

I believe the debate over birth control is definitely being used as a wedge issue by conservative politicians to play their political base. I don't think their beliefs or the leanings of their constituents have the slightest bearing on the birth control issue. I believe this issue has become nothing but a political tool, to be used to the greatest political advantage.

• Yes, birth control debates are being used by the conservative politically.

I definitely think that conservatives are using the issue with birth control as a way to politically please their base. I think that a lot of these type of issues will always be used as a way to conjure up support by the voters of certain parties. I do not see anything wrong with it.