Is the Debate over Euthanasia and Physician-Assisted Suicide Primarily Religious in Nature?

• Double Effect Morally

Mother is pregnant for 8 month. According to doctor that many times gave general check up of the mother that pregnant, the baby is getting cancer acute. It is dangerous for mother life and especially the baby. Shake the life of mother or for the intention for mother, the consequence the death of baby.

• Yes, in a misguided way.

The debate over whether euthanasia and physician assisted suicide should be legal is basically religious in nature, but it does not deal with the nuances of religion. Those on the conservative right take a literal view of the Bible, for instance, and argue against things that a compassionate God would allow.

• Religious bias is an important argument against Euthanasia

Since the United States has strong Judeo-Christian ideals, this comes forward in the Euthanasia debate. This is because it is believed in Judeo-Christian circles that even old people should continue to be valid to society. There are extenuating circumstances, such as when one is a vegetable that at that time you should pull the plug.

• The debate over euthanasia and physician-assisted suicide is primarily religious in nature.

The debate over euthanasia and physician-assisted suicide is primarily religious in nature. Many people do not believe in either of these. Religion has stopped many people from this because they feel that it is suicide and if anyone was to do this then it would be a sin. So this issue is tied to many religious groups.

• Only god can decide

I don't think its right that people can decide weather or not to live or to die only god has that power over me. I wouldn't let someone i love dearly take their life because they don't want to be on earth any longer. I think its stupid that they are even considering this

• The euthanasia debate is primarily religious in nature.

Most of the objection about euthanasia and physician-assisted suicide is centered around the idea that only God can decide when it is a person's time to die. People fear that if people are allowed to choose when they die, that euthanasia might be a springboard to people continuing to play God in other areas by deciding when others should die. For those that support euthanasia, it is a matter of preventing unnecessary pain and suffering.

• No, it is morality.

No, the debate over euthanasia and physician-assisted suicide is not primarily religious in nature, because there are some people who are not religious that think these practices are wrong. There are other people who are religious who think that euthanasia and physician-assisted suicide are fair ways to end suffering. It doesn't fall along religious lines.

• Morally Unfathomable For Some

I believe the core of the debate on euthanasia and physician-assisted suicide is not primarily religious in nature. I believe people have a problem with it because its not the social norm. While religions may have weighed heavy on our moral values in the past, its quite possible to develop them without religion, therefore I think people see it as a problem because its morally unfathomable for them personally.

• No I do not think that the idea of euthanasia and physician assisted suicide is primarily religious.

It truly is ludicrous to state that people fear that we are trying to play God. Many people, doctors included, have atheist beliefs so the concept of anything religious being the springboard is unbelievable. It is a matter of thought. For people thinking if it is humane or not. God is out of the question almost entirely.

• This debate is not religious in nature primarily.

While religious reasons can be accredited for some of the arguments made by both parties on this debate, I believe the inherent nature of this debate resides more in personal choice and not within religion. The question that should be debated is does this practice somehow violate the medical care givers oath that is taken by all doctors within the medical field.