Is the dubstep scene the current incarnation of the rebellious style hippies introduced in the 1960s?

• No, I do not agree that the dubstep scene is the current incarnation of the rebellious style hippies introduced in the 1960's.

I do not agree that the dubstep scene is the current incarnation of the rebellious style hippies introduced. I believe that the dubstep scene is very unique and has its own following of different people. I believe the hippie movement was more rooted in the anti-war sentiment of the time.

• Quite the opposite

This isn't an opinion question, really: the lineages of music can be traced. Dubstep is a form of electronic dance music, which originated in the genre we'd describe as house music today. House music is called this because it evolved in Detroit home-studios in the 80s, a direct successor to disco music - a very un-hippy genre.

• Dubstep Just Another Isolated Fad

Dubstep is just an isolated fad in London. It originated from reggae of the 1980s and not from the 1960s rebellion. Dubstep scenes are just a way for young people to express themselves in contemporary dance. The movement hasn't yet caught on in other places as is typical of London fads.

• Dubstep is Music

Dubstep is a music genre and hippies of the 60's was a whole cultural wave with varying ideals. I do not see an formidable way to truly compare the two, much less say that they are connected. Dubstep is just music and people either like it or don't, it isn't upholding an entire cultural change and it's not an incarantion of a cultural change.

• Hippies were mild.

No, the dubstep scene is not the current incarnation of the rebellious style hippies introduced in the 1960s, because the hippies in the 1960s were mild in comparison to the behavior of the dubstep today. The hippies have been remembered romantically, but really their drug use was not really that bad. The dubstep scene is much more intense.