Is the Earth Flat or Spherical? (A tribute opinion to Romanii and Wylted's debate)

• Yes, it is.

As we can see in the debate presented.
    Http://www.Debate.Org/debates/DDO-Tier-Tournament-2-Flat-Earth-Theory-vs-Spherical-Earth-Theory/1/
    There is multiple evidence showing the world is flat as presented by Wylted. However, there is one piece of critical information missing. Pancakes!

Pancakes are flat and we as humans associate this with the flat earth we live on. If the Earth was round pancakes would be round. Also if you do not like traditional pancakes you are a spy working for NASA.

• The Mathematics 'Add' Up

Take your binoculars and when you see a ship fade over the horizon, focus your binoculars on it, and you will still be able to see the 'entire' ship, and will be able to follow it for some time.
    Can binoculars really see around the curve of the earth?
    No, because according to science, the earth has a curvature of 7.935 inches to the mile which means something you know to be 30 miles away, would be 600 feet below the horizon, and even with binoculars should not be visible.
    Case in Point: The Isle of Wight lighthouse in England is 180 feet high and can be seen up to 42 miles away, a distance at which modern astronomers say the light should fall 996 feet below line of sight. The Cape L'Agulhas lighthouse in South Africa is 33 feet high, 238 feet above sea level, and can be seen for over 50 miles

• You are ignorant

If you believe that the Earth is flat. I could on for hours about how stupid you are and how stupid this question really is but I a not going to do that as that would waste my time on educating you with common sense and logic. You, sir, are ignorant.

• Neither is true.

Although the earth's shape is technically an ellipsoid, its major and minor axes do not vary greatly. In fact, its shape is so close to a sphere that it is often called a spheroid rather than an ellipsoid.
    If I was going to take a side though it would have to be spherical for obvious reasons.
    I did see an image about this that some you may find funny because it is suppose to help prove the flat earth theory. It was created by Prof. Orlando Ferguson back in 1893, long after it was known that the earth was not flat.
    Http://upload.Wikimedia.Org/wikipedia/commons/1/13/Orlando-Ferguson-flat-earth-map_edit.Jpg

• No. No. No.

Simply go to space and see if the Earth is spherical or flat. Of course the Earth is spherical. No Famous person needed. Google tells you everything.
    Why is this even a question anyway? This just seems like something you can get from any random site on Google. Don't see why this is here

• It depends on your view

Because our eyes see in 3d theoretically we should see the earth as 3d but it all depends on your vantage point as if you see it from space it will appear flat but yet still spherical in its nature. All in all it just depends on you point of view and maybe your religion.

iamanatheistandthisiswhy says2014-07-03T04:15:11.370
Darn I screwed up the question. I was thinking to much about the debate.

It was meant to read "Is the Earth Flat?"