• Creativity = Nothing In School

Schools kill creativity. They force this "curriculum" in your life to take and if you object you face serious charges such as prison or the juvenile center. Others are OSS, ISS, and Summer School.
    All they focus on is the "academic" subjects and treat the humanities as some kind of privilege. A myriad of students need to pass all their classes they might not be interested in to participate in something they might want to.
    It is disgusting how schools now have a twisted view on what being smart is. Instead of being a flexible, problem solving, creative individual, they want you to be some kind of database with only memory and nothing else.
    If you start questioning anything they shove in your face, then beware because then they will put you down and maybe give a "failing grade".
    Now it is not even the staff or teachers' faults for such a system because they have to listen to these old men that just want to make money out of this system, and dictate what we need to learn.
    So why do they do all of this? "Because we are the authority, and we know what is good for you and also because we said so."

• What if we had younger professionals

We could potentially have professionals at 20 if kids started learning what they like at younger ages. The writer has no need for algebra 2 and the engineer has no need for classic literature. While it is important to have fundamentals (grades 1-8) we must have the school systems changed to learning specialties at younger ages. It sure does help when the student loves what he or she learns and wants to learn more. The school system now is full of useless busy work that will potentially never be used ever in ones life.

• I believe so.

When I graduated from high school, I could barely write a research paper and my vocabulary was very limited. When I got to junior college I had to take a workshop class on top of an English class just to pass the class. The point is most public schools do not properly prepare students for college coursework. I know certain schools include AP courses that is equivalent to college courses and count for college credit which is good but those should be made mandatory for every high schooler to take so they have an idea what college coursework is like. Without them, you can expect to take many workshops or remedial courses in college to get up to speed.

• It isn't Broken

I am assuming we are talking about America here, otherwise please disregard this statement. Yes I will agree standardized testing is bad, however it only weakens our school system, it doesn't BREAK it. Also your experience depends on what state you go to so ill just say what I experienced. When I asked a question I never got an answer that was unsatisfactory.

If there is a problem i do know one. Look up the process for firing a bad teacher and you will realize that once a teacher gets his/her ten-year they are almost IMPOSSIBLE to fire. That is a problem

(for those who don't know, a ten-year is a contract that makes it so a teacher...
    1. Is almost impossible to fire.
    2. Has a steady increasing wage
    The requirements for this: work at the same school for 10 years. That is it.)

• Broken? No. Does it have problems? Yes.

I think broken is far too strong a word to use when describing education systems, or at least the education system in Canada, where I am from. It's a system where all children can go no matter where you're from, what you look like, or how much money you have. You learn things about the world around you that make you a generally more informed and more intelligent person. Something that would never be done outside of a school environment.

People look at school subjects from a very narrow view. They say "When am I ever going to use algebra, or need to know Romeo and Juliet". There is more too it than that. It's teaching you a way of thinking that you can apply all the time. The same applies with science classes that teach you how to critically evaluate. An essential skill for anyone even if you don't actually go on to study sciences later in life.

There are two big problems with the system though. First is that marks are way too important. A mark on a piece of paper doesn't define who you are or how smart you are. The pressure kids are under from themselves, peers, and parents is ridiculous, especially for people that age.

The other major problem I see is that they don't teach (or don't teach enough) life skills and some basic parts of being a citizen. For example:
    1. How your political system works.
    2. What laws their are in your country.
    3. How to manage finances
    4, How to pay taxes
    5. (Some schools do this) How to make resumes, cover letters, and generally get a job.