• Creativity = Nothing In School

Schools kill creativity. They force this "curriculum" in your life to take and if you object you face serious charges such as prison or the juvenile center. Others are OSS, ISS, and Summer School.
    All they focus on is the "academic" subjects and treat the humanities as some kind of privilege. A myriad of students need to pass all their classes they might not be interested in to participate in something they might want to.
    It is disgusting how schools now have a twisted view on what being smart is. Instead of being a flexible, problem solving, creative individual, they want you to be some kind of database with only memory and nothing else.
    If you start questioning anything they shove in your face, then beware because then they will put you down and maybe give a "failing grade".
    Now it is not even the staff or teachers' faults for such a system because they have to listen to these old men that just want to make money out of this system, and dictate what we need to learn.
    So why do they do all of this? "Because we are the authority, and we know what is good for you and also because we said so."

• What if we had younger professionals

We could potentially have professionals at 20 if kids started learning what they like at younger ages. The writer has no need for algebra 2 and the engineer has no need for classic literature. While it is important to have fundamentals (grades 1-8) we must have the school systems changed to learning specialties at younger ages. It sure does help when the student loves what he or she learns and wants to learn more. The school system now is full of useless busy work that will potentially never be used ever in ones life.

• Not being taught the things they need to know

In my case, my children aren't stressed, they are bored, they are very bright children and left Primary school with the highest grades in their school. They haven't been nurtured or given the chance to thrive. They've been taught at the same pace as everyone else, and been left to their own devices. They would fly under the right guidance.

• It was made for Factory Workers.

School systems were originally set up for children working in factories. The teachers would show the students what to do and EXACTLY how to do it, then the students would regurgitate the information back to the T. This was crucial because everything needed to be made a certain way, having no need for creativity and useless (and often costly) experiments. You fail, you're fired. That's the way it worked.
    The thing is, the school system needs to open its mind to this possibility: if you let the creativity flow, let us fail and don't CONDEMN us for a simple mistake, we will end up discovering an easier and more efficient way to complete the task at hand.

• School is broken.

A lot of people don't think about this, so I'll put it quickly.

Failure=learning experience
    School makes failure high stakes and thus it is harder to relax and learn through failure
    If failure truly helps to learn, why is it so punishing?
    School is completely ignoring that people need to fail to get back up and learn from their mistakes
    instead they make each climb back up more difficult.

It must be broken, then.

• They make kids do stuff they cant do

The school system makes a kid who has heart problems run a mile, a kid who is an amazing artist find out what mitosis is, a student that excels at mathematics has to paint, and this goes on and on the school system just doesn't work and we need to change something about it.

• It is DEAD.

This school systems don't allow us students to express our opinion. Also the school system is outdated. In the past we would all work in big industrial factories, now, WE still use this system that is meant for people who want to work in the industrial cold war factories, This needs to stop

• Yes. Broken. Broken

Our school system sucks. The system wants to kill creativity, individuality and in-dependency. They teach us to work in factories . People don't like what they can't control. And thats the system right there. School should be a place to find our true potential, but they force us to think a certain way 8 hours a day for 5 day's a week. And that is supposed to help us in our future. Apparently I could get suspended for truth.

• The system is you guessed it, broken.

This is a little personal, but the school system has failed me, and a lot of my friends. The letter A is the one thing you try to strive for. Creativity is left in the dust, along with you. Unless you fit the mold, you WON'T get past it.

In my experiences with school, the only thing I did was drown. I was struggling, and my ADD wasn't helping me. The only classes I got A's in were art (Which I had for a quarter a year) and, ironically, gym. As a kid I told my mom about these things that I experienced, and she ignored me. And once I was diagnosed with ADD, my mom would say "It's only hard because you have ADD". I couldn't say anything against this, and was left trying not to cry. I eventually learned to except the F and go on with my day.

I hope the system eventually is fixed, so kids like me won't have to suffer these things. :)

• The system is you guessed it, broken.

• It isn't Broken

I am assuming we are talking about America here, otherwise please disregard this statement. Yes I will agree standardized testing is bad, however it only weakens our school system, it doesn't BREAK it. Also your experience depends on what state you go to so ill just say what I experienced. When I asked a question I never got an answer that was unsatisfactory.

If there is a problem i do know one. Look up the process for firing a bad teacher and you will realize that once a teacher gets his/her ten-year they are almost IMPOSSIBLE to fire. That is a problem

(for those who don't know, a ten-year is a contract that makes it so a teacher...
    1. Is almost impossible to fire.
    And
    2. Has a steady increasing wage
    The requirements for this: work at the same school for 10 years. That is it.)

• Broken? No. Does it have problems? Yes.

I think broken is far too strong a word to use when describing education systems, or at least the education system in Canada, where I am from. It's a system where all children can go no matter where you're from, what you look like, or how much money you have. You learn things about the world around you that make you a generally more informed and more intelligent person. Something that would never be done outside of a school environment.

People look at school subjects from a very narrow view. They say "When am I ever going to use algebra, or need to know Romeo and Juliet". There is more too it than that. It's teaching you a way of thinking that you can apply all the time. The same applies with science classes that teach you how to critically evaluate. An essential skill for anyone even if you don't actually go on to study sciences later in life.

There are two big problems with the system though. First is that marks are way too important. A mark on a piece of paper doesn't define who you are or how smart you are. The pressure kids are under from themselves, peers, and parents is ridiculous, especially for people that age.

The other major problem I see is that they don't teach (or don't teach enough) life skills and some basic parts of being a citizen. For example:
    1. How your political system works.
    2. What laws their are in your country.
    3. How to manage finances
    4, How to pay taxes
    5. (Some schools do this) How to make resumes, cover letters, and generally get a job.

• The school system is just fine.

The school system is just fine. Most of the lessons we feel need to be taught in schools should actually be the parents' responsibility to teach. The schools are just fine teaching lessons they currently teach.

Homework is also perfectly fine. Many people argue that it is unnecessary, but I think it challenges students to think, use their own minds separate from the teacher and practice material outside of class. People also argue that it takes up time, but I think that it is fine because it teaches a student how to be organized inside and outside of the classroom. It also teaches a student how to adequately be stressed and that work must always come first. School is a student's job, and the amount of work given to them is teaching them to treat school as such. The importance stressed on grades and class material is also just as important.

Schools are a place where discipline and work ethics are taught. That is the most important thing people should learn to become functioning members of society.