Is the effect of clothing style on social and personal identity (includes religious and cultural) more negative than positive? Why?

Asked by: MsWorld
  • Widens the gender gap.

Women are now fashionistic and immodest and men are still modest. Men attract on women but women don't attract on men. Women's clothes are usually tight, revealing and uncomfortable that made them sex objects. Most women focused on how they become attractive and men making themselves less attractive by induction or army cut hairstyle. Is being attractive a woman's role and being a magnet is man's role? I don't believe in that law, me as a young man, I'm carefree, I stop having a haircut every month and letting my hair grow, I don't care what most people say, I felt that I'am a slave of my gender when I always having a haircut, I believe that my hippie style made true love easier to find, a carefree naturally beautiful woman, free from slavery of her own gender, a woman I dreaming to be my future wife. A long haired groom and a naturally beautiful modest bride, the Mary-like style wedding gown. Maybe it's evolutionary.

• Widens the gender gap.

• It is a form of classism

The only reason some people care so much about cloth is because they don't want to lose social status. Some people do of course just plain like certain kinds of cloth, but generally speaking most people who care about their cloth only care because they want social status. This kind of culture is destructive and does not make anybody happy.

• It is a way to express your self but can cause stereotypes ,changes the way how people see you and affects your personal identity

Stereotypes- people grouping others by their clothing without looking at their identity or bothering to get to know them
    it changes how people see you with stereotypes but also the pressure of wearing 'whats in' can force some people to change how they look therefore they aren't expressing who they are truly
    the pressure, stereotypes... Can affect you mental health and personal identity. It can cause stress and it affects teenagers and children when they go through developing stages of expressing themselves and being who they are