• I support the electoral college but disagree with the winner-takes-all policy of the majority of States.

The electoral college is important to ensure that the responsibility of electing the President of the United States of America is spread between the States. This way the states with less population stay more relevant in the election process. The United States of America is a federation of states which explains why the founders chose to use the electoral college. The method of choosing the electors was left to the state legislators to decide. The original intent was that the population would select the electors on a district by district basis but now most states have a winner-takes-all policy. I do advocate for a reformation of the elector selection process, perhaps to a uniform system adopted by all states.

• Yes, it is good for the United States

Without the Electoral College, we would see political powers only focusing efforts on larger populated states and leaving small fry states to fend for themselves in neglect. Thus, this allows for a more fair and equal means for a country to vote, rather than let smaller states get pushed around and result in another secession like the South before the rising of the Civil War.

• Yes, I think the electoral college is good for America.

Overall I think the electoral college is a good idea for our elections, it allows the smaller States to have a valid contribution in elections instead of the large States dominating everything, it makes the candidates have to listen to and make promises all over the Nation instead of just two or three of the largest states.

• It gives votes to states and not people.

People should, instead of electing an elector that will cast a vote, vote directly to the candidate that they prefer. An example of this is the Single Transferable Vote, in which citizens can rank their most and least favourite options in the same ballot.
    BORING EXPLANATION AHEAD:
    To explain, imagine there are 4 parties running (A, B, C, D) and Party A and Party B have the most votes but none of them get the majority. If this happens, the party with the least votes (Party C with 8%) is eliminated from the race and if, for example, half of C voted A as their second option, then 4% goes to A. Repeat until a Party gets a majority. If not, ballotage! Party A vs. B, whoever gets most wins. Simple voting for simple people.

• The electoral college is not good for America.

The electoral college is not good for America. There have been cases where presidents who won elections had fewer votes overall from the people, but won because they got the most electoral college votes. The electoral college takes the power of election away from the people and puts it into a small number of hands. The vote should be counted across all states, not between the States.

• No the electoral college is not good for America

The electoral college is not good for America because it goes against what is a true democratic system. People who are not informed voters often believe that the voting process takes place like a homecoming prom. Although the election should be strictly about the popular vote, the electoral college is more important.

• No, It's Not

I do not believe the electoral college is good for America. I believe the system has led to the unfair election of one president. I support removing the electoral college and moving to a direct majority vote. With the electoral college many votes don't end up counting for anything and I think that's wrong.

• I think we need to re-think the electoral college.

I do not think the electoral college is good for America. I think people distrust the electoral college and would like to see it gone. When we were in high school, we were taught what the electoral college was, how it worked, and why it was necessary. There are a great many people who did not understand it back then, and still do not understand it today.

• Does our vote really matter with the electoral college

The electoral college is an issue that must be abolished because of the way that the politicians can decide what states get which votes. If you look at nearly every state's voting districts, it looks like someone dropped a ball of yarn and let it roll. Gerry Meandering is an effect of the electoral college, this means that politicians can make it so that the democrats or republicans in a state may be split up into 2, 3 up to enormous amount of parts just to ensure that your vote does not matter