• Regulation complexity requires a new type of agency.

The FCC was originally established in 1934 when radio was the primary means of public communication, and television was in its infancy. In fact, the original charge was to regulate wire and radio communications. The technological and social complexities that have arisen since the dawn of the Internet makes the original charge all but irrelevant. Specifically, the idea of "net neutrality," due to inherent economic and political implications, requires a much more savvy and nimble agency in order to protect the public interest. The current FCC is incapable of even understanding what "public interest" even means.

• For The Most Part

I believe the FCC is irrelevant in the digital age. I cut the cord and haven't went back and don't plan on going back. I don't need a government agency to dictate what I watch on my TV. I think the broadcast stations should make those decisions on their own.

• We can say what we want.

Yes, the FCC is irrelevant in the digital age, because we are now able to say whatever we want to say. The FCC does not need to be involved in neutrality efforts, because we have a way to get information from whatever political vantage point we want to. There are plenty of ways to get information.

• The FCC is not irrelevant in the digital age

It is my opinion that the FCC still plays a vital role in the overall media consumption of the United States. There are still many Americans who watch television that should be censored for consumption by the average citizen. Without the FCC, children would be exposed to graphic content that should be reserved only for adult internet users.