Is the Five Nights At Freddy's series overrated?

Asked by: gabep
  • Hype is crazy!

I used to play and beat FNAF 2, and then the fanbase came running in. Just like Undertale, the fans ruined it. Fan art, animations, spin-offs and crazy theories ruined it for me. I thought it was pretty good for an indie game too. Then the hype went to people at my school and I almost lost it. The fans of FNAF were creepy outcasts of my school, and FNAF is ALL THEY BREATHE! I only had to deal with them is because of assigned seats. The fan tried getting me to like the game ALL year. If I didn't he would pop up one his annoying memos that make no sense and use it as an insult? I don't know. I like funny things, but I have better things to do. So yeah my personal experience.

• Just let it die already

It's old and tired, and it wasn't that great when it started.It was fine when it was just one or two games, bad, rehashed and over hyped, but whatever. Now it's everywhere and won't fucking die. And the real pathetic thing is he has been selling effectively the same game over and over. Apparently the new one will have free roaming, but yeah, maybe you should have introduced that in 2 or 3, not the sixth official game only.Even then, who knows if it really will be implemented? People have been claiming that since the 3 game. Then again Cawthon could shit in a bucket and FNAF fans would eat it up. God forbid someone actually starts making FNAF Frozen Pizzas, fans would probably buy those for twice the usual price just for the name. The third game should have been the last, but no, he just has to keep milking the fanbase. Fans need to stop acting like he's just some sweet indie dev anymore, he has a cash cow and he knows it will. It should have ended with the third game, but there was more money to be made from fan brats so he did it.

• Fnaf needs to stop

Okay, do I liked Fnaf for the first games, until my sister was scared the shit scared out of her, and she likes to watch YouTube and all that stuff, and it's everywhere! I had to sleep alone for like, 8 months straight, in the dark, with no comfort at all!
    The game is way too overrated, like all you do is sit in a office and click buttons and flash lights to keep theme away, but seriously, it's kinda always the same thing for eveery game! At first, the story line was juicy, but then we Cracked the Code and have foun Doug the mystery by the 3rd game, but NOO, Scott had to make a 4th and 5TH game! It's been stretched too far and honestly, the characters don't give me any chills at all.
    The fandom is HORRIBLE! Honestly, I love watching speedpaint, but sometimes, I see freaking speedpaints of fnaf that look like a 4 year old drew it.. But that's not all, THEY TURN MAJESTIC ANIMALS LIKE WOLFS INTO THEM! Like come on, do you really need to go so far that you just had to make a fnaf version of a wolf? And do you just have to turn Mlp and LOZ into it.. AND RAYMAN? I LOVE RAYMAN, HOW DARE YOU INSULT HIM WITH SUCH DISGUSTING ART! Anyway, we're off topic. The fans are crazy for it, my friend for some reason dressed up as a fox for like, a costume party at school and everyone thought he was Foxy! FOXY! And what I really hate is, people always make them have sex or something! Have you seen those Gmod models of the toys all as girls with big bootys and racks? It's disturbing! {Robots can't have baby's or have sex you idiots} and the fan girls who are always dressing them up as like, Senpai and Yandere! " OMG ITS FOXY, OMG LET ME KIDD VINCENT, OMG HE S S HOT " Yea, it's nasty...

• Fnaf needs to stop

• What has happened to the internet?

Right now, I HATE FNAF!!! At first I thought well, you know, like it was just one of those games that are popular in a month then dies off just like any other horror game. But now it's everywhere! In schools, at shops, and sometime amusement parks. But where the game has truly invaded, is on the Internet! It even goes as far as to the point where a whole website is technically a FNAF fanbase, like Scratch, DeviantArt, and ESPECIALLY YouTube! And it's not even scary, jumpscares are just something to surprise you once and then you get over it, it's boring, it's overused, and it lazy. The worse part is that kids in my grade and below are playing it, and when they become grownups, they'll end up as total losers. I wish FNAF never existed!

• It's boring and stupid.

When this game came out, it wasn't completely terrible. It was only kinda bad. But then, the terrible fanbase came along and asked the guy to make another one, and another one, and another one, and a freaking movie, directed by the director of the 2015 Poltergeist remake, which wasn't terrible, but that's off the point of my argument. My point is, there are all of these fangirls who treat the thing like the Second Coming of Jesus. "OMG FOXY SENPAI! OMG VINCENT SENPAI SO HOT OMG!!!!111!!" These are the types of fangirls who annoy me. And don't even get me started on the self-proclaimed "artists", like QuestionedTurkey, DietStab, and worst of all, Sonic99Rae. She claims her videos to be "Animation" when really it's just a comic. Also, the game is NOT SCARY AT ALL. The only element of fear are jumpscares. And they get boring after a while. Fear is something that should stay with you after a game. Take Silent Hills for example. That game includes one jumpscare, and the rest is straight up suspense. FNAF, however, is literally just sitting in room and checking lights and cameras. For every. Single. One. Of. The. Games. I just think FNAF is an overrated game and I dislike it.

• Because It Is.

It's overrated simply because it is. It is a very simple premise disguised as a horror game, with jumpscares included to keep the little kiddos interested in watching their favorite youtubers pretend to be scared. This causes them to swarm to steam to purchase the game themselves and change their steam name because they're rediculous little fanboys of a terrible, terrible game.

• Fans ruined it

At first, I thought FNAF was actually creepy, if not scary. By the second game, it lost its touch and felt… rushed. Come of think of it, every sequel felt rushed.

I blame the impatient fan base of 10 year olds who treat the franchise like it's God. Foxy the Pirate fangirls, arguments over gender, perverts dreaming of screwing Toy Chica and the constant hype for each sequel which comes earlier than it's supposed to since the fandom forces Scott to satisfy them and feed their patience.

So, yeah. The fandom ruined Five Nights at Freddy's and everything associated with it.

• Fans ruined it

• Yes, it is overrated

The series on itself is okay. But, for a game with such simple and plain boring gameplay, this series definitely does not deserve all the hype it has. Also, the gameplay is so repetitive in all 3 games, you don't do nothing but watch cameras. FNaF is not a bad game but IMO it is boring and overrated. The only "scary" parts are the cheap jumpscares.

• FNAF is a GOOD game. You just can't see the fun in it.

FNAF is not overrated because the game has very unique mechanics like in FNAF 4, you have to avoid the animatronics and listen for footsteps coming towards you and constantly check the bed for the mini-freddies. You also have to check the hallways and shine flashlights but also be careful. FNAF 2 has some of these mechanics too. FNAF is just plain great haters! DON'T JUDGE A BOOK BY ITS COVER!

• It is not

This game is such an ambitious independent and funny game that one can't really say it's overrated. Of course you can find it boring after a while, but what game prevents that? It;s a lot more complicated than these cheap horrors with everything expectable. Don't say it is overrated unless you played your yourself.