Is the Food and Drug Safety Administration currently poorly able to deal with terrorist threats via food items?

• The Food and Drug Safety Administration is doing a poor job dealing with terrorist threats via food

As far as I'm concerned, the Food and Drug Safety Administration has been doing a very poor job in the recent years on many topics. There are food items that children eat in schools that shouldn't even be served, so how can we expect them to monitor terrorist threats that may happen in our food items that we eat. They need to monitor better what enters our food industry because honestly I believe a lot of foods are not safe to eat by many Americans.

• Yes, the FDA can deal with food-based terrorism.

I think that if there were ever a terrorist threat in regards to food items, the Food and Drug Safety Administration can deal with it in an efficient way. I do not think that they are incapable of doing so. I do think however, that such a threat is not a realistic one. And there hasn't been a case of one.

• The Food and Drug Safety Administration is not poorly able to deal with terrorist threats via food.

The Food and Drug Safety Administration is not poorly able to deal with terrorist threats via food. I believe that the FDA is well equipped to handle such matters because the strict laws and regulations that govern the administration, and by extension United States society, are more than enough to screen food items for foreign contaminants and biological species intended to spark acts of terrorism.

• We just don't know.

The simple fact of the matter is, we really don't know. I think the last time we had a case with a poisoning issue with a consumable was the Tylenol scare of the early 1980s. We know they handled it as well as they could at the time. Hopefully we won't have to find out.

• No, I don't think the FDA is currently poorly able to deal with terrorist threats via food items.

The Food and Drug Safety Administration likely spends a great amount of their resources ensuring that the nations food imports are free from terrorist tampering with them, I think they have sufficient power and authority to be able to do this task without much problems, we have not seen a case yet where terrorists have succeeded in poisoning the food supply so I'd say they are doing a good job.