Is the Fourth Amendment still applicable considering today's technology of instant messaging, smartphones and world-wide communication?

• Yes, the 4th Amendment is still applicable.

I think that the 4th Amendment is still applicable considering today's technology of instant messaging, smartphones, and world-wide communication. I think that despite the advancements in technology, it doesn't due anything to negate the principle and policies in the 4th Amendment. People should stop trying to change our rights just because of modern technology.

• Yes, the fourth amendment still applies.

The Fourth Amendment is still applicable in today's world of technology. The Fourth Amendment ensures citizens their right to privacy, and with today's technology, that amendment should apply more than ever. It should not be legal to hack into web cams or track cell phone movements. It violates privacy and is unconstitutional.

• Yes It Is

I believe the fourth amendment should be applicable regardless of today's technology. Simply because the government has the ability to track and collect messages and communications, is not an indication that they should be doing it. If I knew how to demand my privacy, I certainly would. American citizens are stuck in the middle, I certainly don't support what my government does when it comes to its methods of spying.

• All the more reason.

Yes, the Fourth Amendment is still applicable considering today's technology of instant messaging, smart phones, and world-wide communication, because we still have the right to live our lives free of government intrusion. That it is so easy for the government to intrude is all the more reason that we should uphold the 4th Amendment.