Is the future of feminism linked to the success of the gay marriage issue?

• Yes, the future of feminism is linked to the success of the gay marriage issue.

I think that the future of feminism is linked to the success of the gay marriage issue. I think that the politics behind the issues of feminism and gay marriage are all a part of the liberal agenda. I think that a victory for one issue or the other will help both causes.

• Nope. Totally different.

The gay marriage and feminism issue are not one and the same. Obviously, they fight for different causes. Therefore, they are not the same except for trying to succeed in their beliefs. Also, feminism is a whole cause (women) while gay marriage is a type of cause (marriage). Again, not one and the same.

• Nope. Totally different.

• Not At All Connected

I do not feel that the future of feminism is linked to the success of the gay marriage issue. I believe the issues are separate, just as feminism and rights in the black community are separate. Each of these issues are unique and they should be considered as such. They are not linked.

• Most people don't view these as linked issues

I had never heard of feminism and gay marriage being linked issues. I support gay marriage because I have friends and family who wish to marry the person they love. If gay marriage succeeds it succeeds because people believe gay individuals should be able to marry. If it fails, it fails for the same reason.

If there is any linkage of this issue with feminism it's certainly not to the point where the entire future of feminism would be impacted.

• They are different things.

No, the future of feminism is not linked to the success of the gay marriage issue, because feminism existed long before the gay rights movement did. Feminists, especially early feminists like Susan B. Anthony, and Howe, were not fighting for the right to marry each other. They just wanted to vote.