Is the GOP hypocritical in its attitudes towards Christianity and refugees?

• GOP Hypocrtical in regards to Refugees

The GOP is hypocritical in its attitudes towards Christianity and refugees. To ban refugees from a single country or religion goes against Christian principles. In the Bible it is said that you should "Love thy neighbor," so banning anyone for any reason from coming into a country as a refugee is hypocritical. Christian social justice also calls for helping the poor and the less advantaged. It is hypocritical for members of the GOP to claim to be evangelicals when they go against some of the most fundamental teachings of the Bible.

• The GOP is hypocritical in its attitude towards Christianity and refugees.

Jesus, and consequently Christianity's core message, is that of charity. Jesus took in all people and judged no one. What the GOP is promoting goes against the core beliefs of Christianity. As Matthew 25:35 says, "For I was hungry and you gave me food, I was thirsty and you gave me drink, I was a stranger and you welcomed me, I was naked and you clothed me, I was sick and you visited me, I was in prison and you came to me. Then the righteous will answer him, saying, ‘Lord, when did we see you hungry and feed you, or thirsty and give you drink? And when did we see you a stranger and welcome you, or naked and clothe you? And when did we see you sick or in prison and visit you?’ And the King will answer them, ‘Truly, I say to you, as you did it to one of the least of these my brothers, you did it to me.’"

• Yes, the GOP is hypocritical in its attitudes towards Christianity and refugees

By nature, political parties attempt to leverage "religion" when it is of benefit to their agendas. The GOP has a history of proclaiming the Christian God and perceived moral beliefs, in an effort to position themselves as more trustworthy than other parties. I cannot speak to the faith of individual party members, but corporately the party is not tied to Christianity--or any faith for that matter--so much as it is self-belief. So when Christian refugees, persecuted for their faith are found in need of assistance, the party unsurprisingly does not come to their aid as true faithful brothers and sisters would be wont to do.

• GOP rhetoric is biased regarding religion

The GOP candidates all had an opinion on allowing refugees fleeing war into the United States that were biased and hypocritical. The United States have never used religion as a test to allow anyone seeking asylum and should not start now. The United States have very strict rules and guidelines for refugees and the law should be allowed to work.

• Let the heathens in?

The GOP is exercising basic sanity by keeping out people ISIS has flat-out stated that they have put infiltrators in. Note that Christians have had a bad habit of disappearing from predominately Muslim refugee boats. That alone justifies having the boats suffer a critical ordnance-related mishap, because violence begets game-ending violence.