• The government IS hiding aliens, because the human race is just not ready for them, sadly.

As much as I (along with many other people) would like the government to finally admit the existence of aliens, we are simply not ready for it. We are still a relatively primitive race, the kind that "Shoot first and ask questions later".

If the government were to announce such a fact, certain people would panic. How would different religions explain it? If it was so hard for us to accept another SKIN COLOUR, how do you think we would manage the existence of a more advanced species? Some people would want to destroy them, want them to stop visiting our planet, when they actually mean no harm. Aliens are way past violence, evolution has made them realize that it's not the way to go. Or maybe, the realization that violence and war is not the way to go, has made them evolve. Anyhow, the human race still has a long way to go to reach that point, and we are certainly not ALL ready to accept the existence around us: the general reaction of society could be the wrong one.

Finally, and very importantly, is that governments hide their existence to maintain our economy stable. We know aliens have very advanced technology, and that they might even be able to travel at the speed of light with their flying "saucers". Now, imagine what would happen if they would suddenly reveal themselves and make this technology available to each and every one of us. The first word that pops up in my mind is "chaos". We are certainly not ready to be entrusted with this kind of technology. Now, think about this scenario: Aliens have just given each of us a source of unlimited energy. This can be used to power our cars, our houses, and everything we might use in daily life. Now lets focus on cars for the moment. You suddenly don't have to waste any more money on petrol. In fact, no one does, because everyone has unlimited energy. Now, the question that changes everything: What will happen with oil companies? The answer, awesome reader, is bankruptcy. These companies and firms would suddenly collapse, potentially taking the stock market down with them. Whole countries (e.G. Venezuela), depending on oil extraction, would collapse as well.

This applies for any type of technology that aliens might make available to everyone: communication (Apple, Facebook, Twitter would collapse), transport (Car brands and their factories will go down). Finally, think about this: What do all of these companies have in common? They are powerful, rich, and most importantly, INFLUENTIAL. If these companies knew about alien existence (And they might) they would apply ENORMOUS amounts of pressure to the government, so that is does not allow it. This can sound far-fetched, but there is always a possibility of it happening.

In conclusion, Governments are hiding alien existence from us because society is no ready for them, and might not be, for a very long time.Thank you for reading, have a great day!

• I think the government is hiding something.

There are too many sightings of UFO and odd creatures not to believe in aliens. I believe in roswell, and I believe there are aliens being hidden there. In my opinion, the government is doing some type of experiments on them, just as I believe the aliens are studying us.

• Aliens date back to the beginning of time, even before Christ

There are ancient hieroglyphs showing alien beings and space craft that couldn't possibly have existed in that time. Alien beings have been around for longer than our planet has existed. Some people seem to forget that Earth, much less the Milky Way are not the oldest in the space. They are still discovering more planets (in fact, NASA recently released data showing over 700 more planets that they didn't know about even five years ago) and because of advanced technology, they are even discovering more Earth-like planets. I'm sure as soon as they develop the technology, they will send people to visit those Earth-like planets and then we will be the aliens to those planets. With all these planets in space, why the hell would ours be the only one with intelligent life? I believe that aliens have been working with the "people in power" for a very long time and that's how some of our technology has developed. The centuries it has taken us to discover some things, have already been possible for even more centuries because of the intelligent life on other planets that have come here to help us develop it. People are seriously uneducated and ignorant if they actually believe that this is the only planet in the whole of space that has life on it. If we, as humans, are curious about other planets and intelligent life, then why wouldn't they be curious about us? I mean, it only makes sense that they would try to make contact and study us since we would do the same. Also, you can do very little research on the internet and find former government officials that were present during the Roswell crash and subsequent cover up that suddenly died (under unusual circumstances) when they tried to speak out. So yes, my opinion is that the government do know aliens exist and they are trying very hard to cover it up and hide it from the general population. I mean, how would we feel as a nation if we found out that our government was hiding the fact that they not only know about aliens but that they are working with them to develop technology? I'm sure there would be total anarchy and they don't want that.

• Intellient life exiss!!

Come on man!! Thousands of UFO sightings and i am sure that the government agencies are behind it. There is a a reason why the SETI was organised. Every time we ask they say, It is the secret military weapon test or Some one playing hoax with remote controlled vehicles.. WEll!! I dont think these remote vehicles are good enough to reach the moon... We public have the right to information .

• Intellient life exiss!!

• What are they hiding?

The government is lying about everything, about aliens, about discs, about mermaids, about testing humans and possibly mutating them into god knows what. You just don't know what... And neither do I but I know they are. Some where in the deserts of Arizona or Mexico or wherever they have somthing big they want to hide somthing so big if any of us found out we would be prosecuted to the full extent of the law and be put to death sentence. If all of the society worked together we could find out we could find what they were hiding. Many stories of aliens being whisked away by government scientists... So there it is. The government will probably come strait to my house and put me in a mental hospital for saying this... But I BELIEVE. So what about you like if your with me.

• They listen to people

The government Goes to your house and tells you to shut up if you talk about aliens and if the government knows it is true. NASA will listen to your phone calls and make your phone hang up and do beeping noises if you talk about true stuff about aliens. There have been people talking about true memories from past lives that no one else in the world know about except that person alone.

• The X Files

The X Files is a factual show and I believe everything Mulder has to say; Scully is silly and just doesn't want to believe. Everything that happens on the X Files is real. The government is hiding aliens! The government controls everything! Make a hat out of tinfoil so they can't collect your thoughts!

• Proof Itself Is all.

The prime minster of defense in canada had much evidence of the U.S hiding aliens. There was even a case with Richard Nixon and Gleason that had gone to homestead airforce base in Florida and in Larrys report Gleason had seen aliens in capsule looking things. And there is always the case about Roswell. Not to count the many alien abductions people claim to have and all the UFO and USO sightings. Not to mention all the galaxys and planets out there. There is no doubt aliens exist.

• Why would there be a such thing of aliens if it wasn't real!

There are sightings, story's, beliefs, and more.... Aliens have to be real they may not be exactly aliens but there are some type of creatures out there that are weird that WE don't know about! Its either the government is hiding from us or something! Either YES NO MAYBE plus there are more yeses than no!

• No, the United States government is not hiding aliens.

In spite of the claims to the contrary there is no factual, objective data that supports the claim that aliens have visited planet Earth and made contacts with humans. In the absence of any data to support the claims that aliens have made landings on Earth there is no reason to even believe that the US government is hiding them.

• No, it is not.

If the government was hiding aliens I am sure some type of proof would be leaked out, or they would feel the pressure of people wanting to know so bad they would just come forward with the information. I really doubt right now they have an aliens stashed away that we do not know about though.

• No Clear Evidence

I have lived a long time. I have never seen a UFO. With all the cellphones and cameras around the world, I would expect to see a lot more images. The ones I see are always grainy and blurry. Fact is, there are no UFOs or aliens. It's just another conspiracy theory gone too far.

• Not convinced of Alien cover-up!

I say no the government(s) is not hiding knowledge of Aliens, their existence and etc., because throughout history it has been proven time and again, that the bigger the secret, the harder it is to keep it a secret. For example, the United States could not even keep its nuclear weapons a secret or the plans to build them as they were sold to Russia shortly after WW2 ended.

I say no because the worlds governments cannot agree completely on any issue completely. Look at the nuclear proliferation that has taken place in the world! Look at the genocides that have taken place! Look at land ownership disputes the world over. Do you believe these bickering nations could all agree to keep the same secret? I do not have that sort of faith because again human nature says otherwise!

Do I believe the governments have secrets! You bet! I also believe many of these secrets will eventually leak out because that is what history shows happening time and again.

Do I believe in all these conspiracy theories? No I do not because they are not conspiracy facts… See what I did there?

Do I believe in UFO’s? You bet! There is enough objective evidence to certainly show that there are some un-identified flying objects or phenomenon going on in our airspace and the airspace the world over. Although many of these things can be identified through hard work and good information; many more certainly go un-identified.

Do I believe in the testimonies of Astronauts and airmen or etc. about the existence of Aliens? I do not. I think it is more likely that our culture has provided an explanation for these witnesses to grasp onto where an explanation is absent for what they saw. I could be wrong but the burden of proving what they say the saw, was what then now provide explanation for is not convincing evidence.

• Not convinced of Alien cover-up!

• The government is not hiding aliens from us.

I believe that the government is not hiding aliens from us because it was already proven by the U.S government that there were no aliens. Aliens is only created from the imagination of a person. If there is normally the government would really declare it to the public to let the society know and prepare themselves.

• No, they are not.

Alien is defined as "A resident born in or belonging to another country who has not acquired citizenship by naturalization." Currently, there is an estimated 25.5 to 32.1 million of them in our country. The government is not hiding aliens. In fact, they are labeled as "illegal immigrants" because it is against our government's law for them to be in the United States of America.

• No, because they have no reason to.

Why would the government hide the existence of aliens? They have no reason to. People would not panic. Why would they? What is there to panic about?

Tom: "AHHHH!!! Oh my god! It's happening! They're real! AHHH!"
    Dick: "Woah! What's happening? What's real?"
    Tom: "Aliens! Ahhhhhh! Oh, my god, I'm panicking!"
    Dick: "Um.... WHY are you panicking?"
    Tom: "Well, because.... Um.... Because.... Well, I don't know, actually..."

They would not riot in the streets. Economies, countries, and religions would not collapse. Very few things in our day to day life will change once aliens actually do show up. There is literally no logical reason for the government to suppress the existence of aliens.