Is the guilty plea of Teresa Guidice of "Real Housewives of New Jersey" a sign that the show glamorizes criminals?

• Yes, of course.

It is not only the Real Housewives of New Jersey that is a sign that the show glamorizes criminals. It's every moment on every show, and the fact that the show even exists. I cannot stand that show. I cannot believe it was even allowed to be on television. It's a joke.

• Show Producers Probably Like Criminal Overtones

"The Sopranos" was a wildly popular television show during its day, as it implanted into the minds of Americans the concept of New Jersey as a corrupt state with mafia activity. Hence, the producers of the "Real Housewives of New Jersey" probably saw the guilty plea of Teresa Guidice as an opportunity to exploit that issue.

• Yes, the case involving Teresa Guidice is a sign that her show glamorizes criminals.

I think that the recent guilty plea of Teresa Guidice of Real Housewives of New Jersey is a sign that the show glamorizes criminals. I think that the show is horrible example of how realty tv helps to make people with no talent to become famous. I think that the recent case is something the show will like.

• No: Teresa Guidice's Guilty Plea Does Not Demonstrate a Glamorization of Criminals on "Real Housewives"

Teresa Guidice's guilty plea has no bearing on the way in which the show chooses or doesn't chose to glamorize criminals. This is something that will not be known until the actual shows are produced. Rather than overtly glamorizing criminal behavior, the show appears to be capitalizing on it. This is a subtle, but important distinction. One can make money off of misfortune without actually glamorizing it, which may very well be what is going on here.