Is the Human Genome Project morally and ethically acceptable?

• Its ok tbh

Bounced on my boys genome to this for hours, he has cancer and this can save his life, not to mention that Ben Afflek supports us. "Bounced On My Boy's D**k could be an acronym for BOMB'D, as in The Towers were BOMB'D. There's such a rich history for Internet Comment Etiquette now; but I'm more of a Post Title Artisan myself. That at least makes us Internet cousins though, right? See you at the next PTA meeting." -Ben Affleck
    Don't believe me? Here's proof. https://goo.gl/images/k9WMTe

• It's right to do

Although there are powerful and true staments about it being morally and ethically wrong, cancer will be possibly vanquished along with other life threatening diseases, isn't that a plus?? If one really thinks of the effects, there are of course some points and discussions as of if it's correct or not, but one big plus is that many babies and kids won't die of deformities/ life threatening diseases. So if you wanna think about something, think of deaths unpleasantries. Thanks for reading.

• I don't know

I don't get what the human genome project is about
    can anyone help me please

d d f f f j j j j k k k k k k k k k k k k k k k k k k k k k k k k k k

• Nuggets Of The Chicken: CHICKEN NUGGETZZZZZ CHICKEN NUGGETZZZZZ CHICKEN NUGGETZZZZZ CHICKEN NUGGETZZZZZ CHICKEN NUGGETZZZZZ CHICKEN NUGGETZZZZZ CHICKEN NUGGETZZZZZ CHICKEN

CHICKEN NUGGETZZZZZ CHICKEN NUGGETZZZZZ CHICKEN NUGGETZZZZZ CHICKEN NUGGETZZZZZ CHICKEN NUGGETZZZZZ CHICKEN NUGGETZZZZZ CHICKEN NUGGETZZZZZ CHICKEN NUGGETZZZZZ CHICKEN NUGGETZZZZZ CHICKEN NUGGETZZZZZ CHICKEN NUGGETZZZZZ CHICKEN NUGGETZZZZZ CHICKEN NUGGETZZZZZ CHICKEN NUGGETZZZZZ CHICKEN NUGGETZZZZZ CHICKEN NUGGETZZZZZ CHICKEN NUGGETZZZZZ CHICKEN NUGGETZZZZZ CHICKEN NUGGETZZZZZ CHICKEN NUGGETZZZZZ CHICKEN NUGGETZZZZZ....... Nuggets Of The Chicken is my favorite food!!!

• It helps more than it hurts

Many people benefit from the advantages the human genome project brings along with it such as being able to prevent diseases from developing by catching them before they arise. Doctors are also able to treat patients more specifically by using dosages and specific medications that will work with the genes they have. It is not being used to "build babies" it is being used to help those in need of medical attention.

• It progresses medicine

Why would you object to something that increases the likelihood of people having personalised and effective treatments to their diseases? Genomics is the way to ending the 'one pill fits all' mentality and getting the standard of global medicine to a previously unseen heights. People tend to simply fear anything to do with 'genes' due to the fear of eugenics, I think.

• Yes, The Project Will ultimately Improve Human Health

The Human Genome Project mapped human genes, in an attempt
    to gain specific knowledge about human heredity. It figured out the sequences
    in which human genes are strung along the chromosomes. No animals were harmed
    during the sequencing, not even human animals. In fact, it is likely that the
    insights provided by this project will someday be used to prevent hereditary
    disease, freeing future generations to live healthier lives.

• A great deal has come Human Genome Project

Children with disabilities will not be left in the shadow the story of Nicholas Volker is proof of this. There may be less facilities as a result of less children with disabilities, it this not the goal? And money wise the for every dollar the united states invested in the Human Genome project it has gain $141 in profit. Before you post random "off the top of my head" complaints why not research your argument a little more.

• Yes it is

The HGP allows humans to open the doors to the various genes in the whole DNA sequence and how further research could find cures for every specific gene such as in sickle cell anemia. How the people would use this information (such as in bioweapons) is morally and ethically bad.

• Why isn't it?

I personally think that mapping the human genome is a good idea because it can lead to finding cures to diseases and learning why things happen. We could prevent bad things such as cancer, why wouldn't it be a good thing? You can live a healthier life and not have to worry about getting diseases

• Is everyone going mad!!!

I understand i am a middle school student and not nearly educated to be in this argument but we must be mad to agree to this, i mean mapping is bad enough modifying!! Somethings are there to not be changed human genetics and natural traits have evolved for thousands of years you cant just decide to alter it one day that is not possible we are not capable of controlling genetics on either humans nor animals i mean we already proved that when creating genetically modified animals, most hybrid animals have severe disabilities and doesn't live nearly as much as their naturals parents what if you do that to a human life this is mad the world is mad.

• Wake up to the risks of modern technology

We could have a beautiful species without this. The human genome project is a bunch of soulless scientists getting a hard-on at breeding a species in their image. Though organic nature is always better than manufactured 'life' forms. We live in an age where nature is under threat, to the extent that the creatures themselves are artificial, as our sacred DNA has been chemically deconstructed

• Everybody is different

Everybody is different. Accept people for who they are not what they are there is no such thing as perfect everybody has a right to live and just because they have a genetic disease it doesn't make their life pointless we don't know how they see things but they still feel happiness.

• I say no

Everybody has a right to live even if you have a genetic disease. A person with a genetic disease shouldn’t be judged in society even more than we people already are and that everybody could have access to somebody’s information isn’t right. Ofcoure you don’t want to have a diseased child but it’s not okay to end a life even if there is some genes that aren’t perfect. Nobody knows what normal is. The afflicted gene might not even show itself in a person or they might not even present symptoms that come with the disease. Now everybody wants a perfect baby but a perfect baby will be your own not a baby that you have built. It’s just like plastic surgery trying to be something that your not. We use plastic surgery to look better and have forexample somebody elses nose it’s the same thing that i maby don’t want my baby to have my crooked nose. Think about everybody looking the same being perfect. The standards of people are already set high and should we really raise them even higher. Think about how many uneccesairy abortions and loosing something that you should be happy for. We have problems with geneticly modifed plantlife how do we know that it wont have a even bigger effect when we eat it as geneticly modified people. We don’t know what medical consequenses this will have and how many lives we have to sacrifice before we get it correct. Is that really okay?

• I don't know

can anyone help me please

• I don't know

can anyone help me please

• Because i think so

Because bla adslkfjsdaf sdkf sd dsfsd f dsfas fasdfasf sdf sda fas fdsf asdf saf sadf sd fsadfsdf sad fas fsd f sdfsdfsdf asdfas fas faf af a a a a a a a d d d d d d d d d d d d d d d d d d d dd d d d d d d d d dd d dd d d d d d

• T t t t

R r r r r r r rrr dd jyrd jyr jrd jr jrj dyd jrdyj djd yjddjd jd jd j dj djdj j jdjdjdjrddj d j rj rd j djdrj drd jdr dyd rjd yj djdj ddjdd d j j dd jrd jdrj dj d jrdjj r r jy

• Humanity's demise and simply unnatural

Yes, this project has the potential to further improve medicine to greater heights but what some people don't see is that when medicine improves the healthier human's will be. Although that sounds like a good thing it will only over-populate Earth faster than expected and thus water will drastically disappear while food will be harder to come by.

• The Human Genome project is morally and ethically unacceptable, because the goal of the project interferes with the natural cycle of life.

The project will map links to genetic disorders to the mutations in certain genes and with this information,especially in Amniocentesis and CVS, there will be a hesitation in the natural idea of the right to life. One could think of taking a life, because of a certain disease, and that is morally unacceptable. There is a reason we are born, and then we grow old, and finally, die. It is God's will and it has been this way for thousands of years and should continue to prosper unaffected, without the interference in the genetics that have been keeping our world populated from the beginning of human life.