• Yes, of course it is.

Of course the human genome project is worthwhile. It is the mapping of DNA. This is good for everything in medicine, from psychiatry to stem cells to organ transplant. You can even begin to make genetic modifications of people once you have the entire genome mapped. The technology is here.

• Yes, I don't see why it wouldn't be worth it

I think that anything that breaks down our building blocks can be useful in the future. If they can find a cure for cancer, by figuring out cellular issues, it would be worth it. I know in time it will show us something that we couldn't do without breaking the DNA code down.

• So much to learn.

Yes, the Human Genome Project is worth while, because it is the first step in what is likely to be no less than a miracle health and well being break throughs. Knowing the entire foot print and map of DNA, we will be able to target certain genetic diseases and test for them, or cure them before they even begin.

• I Think So

I believe the Human Genome Project is worthwhile. Our genes are intricate and fascinating. This project has and continues to open many doors for the human race. Our genetics could lead to some amazing cures in the future and this project started all of them. Great advances have been made thanks to the Human Genome Project.