• Agree that social networking aspect is wasteful use of time

You get lots of trolls whose goal is to want to make any one living feel miserable, inferior, inadequate. Companies start out selling promising ideals for a better world then once subscribed and the site becomes popular its tarnished by selling out to traders whose main interest is to use that webspace to sell, sell, sell... Not for profits tend to sell through subscription measures, educational networks sell the idea of verified certificates unrecognised by the institutions that provide these lectures and one site ven forces you to subscribe to verified certification if you want to test your knowledge on those very subjects studied. The information highway started of as a great opportunity to develop mankind but it's tainted nowadays bythise very businesses the take over and ruin every good thing that is developed and then, there is of course, the fact that you get mind numbing rants from people....Well, like me!

There is a monopoly of search engines that focus on bringing up 'selling' rather than actually focussing on a person wanting actual research information ... Afterall ...To make the creators rich they gave to sell out to traders and they know its big business for selling advertising to any given company. There is of course more spying on the ordinary people ever since radicals sought to undermine the good intentions of the information highway and now thanks to their negative impact spying is seen as a just way of monitoring everyday people to supposedly generalise / evaluate behavioural patterns - yeah right! Even watching videos on you tube is logged and for what purpose other than to sell, sell, sell. Social networking is a waste of...Ooh look I've run out of ..Time !

• Even this is shite

I am living proof that the internet is a waster of time. I have nothing to say about it and i am very ill-informed. My opinion certainly doesn't matter and no right-thinking person would give me the time of day on any other platform. Noone talks to me nor reads anything i write. I don't even know what a website is. I just click any old button. I was looking at videos of "Cute babies eating lemons for the first" time yesterday. Why listen to me? But you just have. You could have been doing something useful like having a wank.

• Big time sucking machine

Sadly, the addictive-behavior aspect is a huge problem-attention spans being reduced is another. I agree, however with the person who said it saves lives. Oddly, it probably has opened isolated people to the idea that there are others like them in the world...Ironically, computer use causes more feelings of isolation, though.
    What ever happened to books and face to face conversations? Both more productive-if one has access to both.

• Total Waste Of Life

The internet is a waste of life.
    It is all smoke and mirrors.
    In order to find anything with real substance you have to spend hours searching thru brainless, mind numbing NONSENSE.
    Everyone with a computer is now an expert, everyone with photoshop is now a model and everyone with a smart phone is now a photographer.
    The internet is full of people who do lots of things half asses and nothing wonderfully.
    People who achieved real success and intelligence are not sitting around on the internet.
    It's an epic waste of time, you can learn more by simply paying attention as you walk down the street.

• Sadly, I think we'd have to ask this of life itself.

I'm one of those truth seekers is how I would identify myself.

I started to notice that not only do people not look into evidence provided but that if I looked at what I or any of the many people who do show lets say a video of CNN so obviously faking the orignal Iraq War with silly scud props and their fake acting pretending a real news event was occurring.

We don't do anything more than the naysayers.

You can't expect justice from a system that never punishes a cop for example.

You can't shoot all the stupid people or we'd all be gone.

You can't meditate the BS away.

Look at the eggheads with CERN - their genius hasn't produced any better outcome than my pondering. Stephen Hawkings and Neils deGrasse Tyson warn against how they don't think its worth the risk to blow us all to hell and nobody listens to them either.

This is sure not what I would want to say but its true.

What does getting off the internet do to help?

Do we have to abandon cars too?

Let's say we all became Buddhist monks; what would be the value of that world?

• Internet is rubbish

Internet is a wastage of time. The children play games and there attention is no more on studies. Children may learn violence and it may raise negative deeds in the mind of the audience. So according to my own opinion internet is a rubbish which should be in the dustbin.

• Internet is a rubbish

Internet is a source of wastage of time . Children play games and there attention is no more on studies. Children may learn violence and it can raise negative deeds in the mind of audience. According to my opinion, it is a rubbish so it should be in the dustbin.

• Just look up

People are consumed with technology that is an absolute waste of time..This leads to poor concentration and communication skills..Most people can't even complete a sentence or have the attention span of a 2 yr old. Why you think immigrants are taking over? Addiction to useless tech stuff..Cell phones, games, internet..Unless you are a business and rely on tech, it is a money-making scam hell bent on making you feel entitled. Meanwhile, the U.S. is imploding. Look up, your being replaced..

• Big ole waste of time

For most people (being at least 99% of us) it is a huge distractor of the possible noble reason we got on it in the first place. Even as a pastor for a number of years I was constantly distracted with emails and articles people sent me. Then research would lead you a hundred different directions. You might be studying the Babylonian captivity of the Jews and then find yourself reading an article on a possible sighting of Bigfoot in your area. I like most people are easily distracted.

• The internet is addictive just like drugs and alcohol.

We often use the internet for looking for information which we need, but don't you think most of time we use it for fun or killing time? It's a total waste of time I think. I have wasted so much time of my life on the internet so far. I regret it so much. Without the internet, my eye sight didn't get so bad. I could also do many fun things with my friends.

• If anything, Internet saves time!We

It helps us save hours upon hours of time wasted on research, traveling to the library etc. The internet is a great tool. Even if one claims it helps us procrastinate, it helps us do it efficiently. We may be reading pointless information, but how much more time would we have wasted finding that pointless information without the internet? Though one can argue that if there was no internet we wouldn't even come across the info, it is dependent on your view of productivity vs unproductivity. Someone may use the internet with 100% productivity, some with 0%. Generally I believe people fall around the 70% range as though we waste time, we also learn a lot, and learning is never a waste of time :)

• The Internet is NOT a waste of time.

It is in no such way that it is a waste of time! To this sir that said yes it is, why in the first place would you be on here anyway to answer to this debate?! I am only a middle schooler and even I am not dumb enough to say something like this and let it go un-noticed. It is completely ridiculous and stupid. The Internet is not a waste of time anyways! If there are weird things on here, THEN AVOID IT! Parents should block these websites from their children if it is really that big of a bother to them!

• The value of the Internet is dependent on who is using it.

The Internet is so broad. There are websites which are very resourceful and there are those that have no prevalence whatsoever. It is unfair to say that the Internet as a whole is a waste of time. The Internet is a gateway to vast sources of information, and if used correctly, can benefit one in many ways.

• Depending on the way you are using it for.

In my opinion it's not wasting time. It's saves time a lot. Let's imagine a world without a internet.Can we live? That's okay to earlier life but for this busy world and busy people internet saves their golden time as well. How fast we are communicating with others in a moment without any stress and ques.

• Porque si y ya esta

Nooooono no non onon o no no non on non on o nonoon nooonon noo non on on on o no no nono on o non on on on oon on on o no no o noo no o noon oo nno ono ono nonoonon on oono oo noon ono

• Porque si y ya esta

• Its up to you and just you !!!! Waste time or use it !!!

Technologies are made for us not us for technologies!!! If you are using technologies then its up to you to use it as a good way or the bad one!! Do your homework or watch movies!!! You have the choice ........... What do you think? CHOOSE ! CHOOSE! CHOOSE! CHOOSE !

Anonymous says2013-03-26T17:05:50.627
The Internet is a great invention and has Lead to many new advancements in many different fields to call it a waste of time is completely unfounded. While yes many of the youth chose to spend there time on the Internet surfing popular social media sites it still even then is not a waste of time it allows then to connect to people they otherwise wouldn't be able to connect to. It allows a instantaneous feed of information that otherwise would take dourness hours of time to find and filter through. Let's get off of the topic of the youth for a second and think of how the Internet has connected the world and brought use more together i do business with people around the world and with out the Internet that would be almost impossible to do, not only may I do business with then I can also pay them/ wire cash to the in seconds reducing the risk of losing it in the mail with even
totallylegitusername says2014-02-28T02:35:47.427
You know what's so ironic? The people voting for 'the Internet is a waste of time' are using the Internet for an educational debate website.
E-lawyered!