• Yes the Internet is making the kids of this age dumb.

Because I said so. They are dumber now. They are lazier. Because I said so, that's why. Children on the Internet are lazy and sit there all day long. They be all lazy all the time. I know they are lazier because I was one of those lazy kids. The Internet makes them illiterate. They be lazy and you know it. Don't lie!

• It's Party the Internet's Fault

To most people it may seem that internet has nothing to do with our social life; but in fact it has a lot to do with it. Research shows that most teenager this days spent most of their time on the internet; whether it's internet gaming, socializing or any sort of entertainment, people spend most of their time on the internet. It's irresistible to the younger generation because it's quicker and more efficient. The internet has now become the number one source of entertainment through the whole world.

• Children are Lazier Due to the Internet

Children are becoming lazier due to the internet. I don't believe that internet can take the complete blame concerning this issue though. I really believe it all began with video games and then took a turn toward the internet but only as a added form of entertainment. Children these days are missing out on so much because of this.

• Make them lazy

• To much textin

Because so many people just texts the the the the do do do do the the the good good word is well its the bucks i tell u because were the best people in the world bruhh i tell u what becaus ewe are the heard we are the bucks

• The Internet is a comfort

The Internet is only used for research because it allows children to research from home. If they wanted to, they could go to a local library and find that same information. This is on top of the countless hours children play online video games. This, of course, has positive and negative affects on children, but that is for a different debate.

• Internet Decreases Work

Students who have questions about their homework can just get online and google the answer. They no longer have to think, experiment, and work it out for themselves. This is because the answers are at their fingertips on the computer. Without the Internet, students would have to learn to study, remember, and problem solve far more effectively than they currently do.

• Did books make people lazier?

For 95% of all human existance, there was no form of written language. Everything was passed down by Word of Mouth. Things became distorted (that's why we have different languages) and easy to forget. But with written words, data becomes preserved, so no one has to worry about it being lost or destroyed.

Does that mean people are lazy because they used books? NO!

The Internet is the next literacy. It expands a whole new world of knowledge, connection, and entertainment for people to use.

• Absolutely not.

Arguably yes, children do spend too much time inside the house but in my opinion, there is no physical force there that makes them stay glued to the computer. I'm 17 years old and I really consider myself to have grown up in the midst of a lot of upcoming technology. I used my first computer when I was in 5th grade but I fondly remember always being outside as a kid. I hate being inside and I'm pretty lazy myself. I have to get out and walk or do something.

• No, the parent is.

It isn't the internet that is making children lazier, it is the parents. Many parents use the internet and television as a "babysitter" for their children. Kids become used to this, and it can almost be addicting. Parents are responsible to get their kids reading, learning, exercising, and socializing. Schools are there to help, too, but ultimately, it is the parents' responsibility.

• No, it's not the internet's fault

The idea that children are less likely to go outside and play, or unwilling to work hard on a project just because of the internet, is crazy. I bet people thought that books were making children lazy, too, as they though about TV and any other new invention. It is just different, which means that life will be different with it around. Just as always, its children themselves and their parents that allow for laziness.