Is the IRS scandal intended to distract us from Benghazi?

• Yes the IRS scandal is a distraction

Yes, I think that the IRS scandal is a major distraction from the Benghazi debacle and that more people including news organizations should be focusing on Benghazi. Since several people were killed as a result of the mishandling of Benghazi I think that is much more important than some political groups getting scrutinized.

• That'd be a hoot

If the IRS scandal is supposed to distract people from Benghazi then
    it's the most ill founded distraction tactic in the history of, well,
    pretty much anything. The people still enraged about Benghazi aren't
    going to drop it because of a new scandal, merely ball them together as
    more proof that the secret Kenyan Muslim is up to something fishy. It's
    another unwelcome situation for an administration that has been piling
    them up lately, I can't imagine anybody would be stupid enough to
    propose creating a new scandal to negate an old one. I can,
    unfortunately, imagine a bunch of truther nutbars believing that.

• Scandal, Scandal, Scandal

Neither of these situations is worth the paper they are printed on, they are simply attempts to vilify the duly elected administration and further stagnate the the federal government. When the IS targeted conservatives, they take a strategy that the FBI and CIA have used against those who feel that war has bankrupt not just the economy of the country but also its soul. Terrorism happens, and I can't imagine how the sad deaths of our foreign service personnel is honored in these needless hearings.

• That'd be a hoot

If the IRS scandal is supposed to distract people from Benghazi then it's the most ill founded distraction tactic in the history of, well, pretty much anything. The people still enraged about Benghazi aren't going to drop it because of a new scandal, merely ball them together as more proof that the secret Kenyan Muslim is up to something fishy. It's another unwelcome situation for an administration that has been piling them up lately, I can't imagine anybody would be stupid enough to propose creating a new scandal to negate an old one. I can, unfortunately, imagine a bunch of truther nutbars believing that.