Is the Koran (also spelled Quran/Qur'an) a good source of morality?

Asked by: JalenCaudill
  • Just as much as the Bible is

If you actually read it, mist versus support love and peace. The small amount of negavtive versus roughly correlate with the amount in the Bible. How violent the morals are entirley depends in how screwed up your mind already is, how literally you take it or how you interperet it. And a far higher percentage of Muslims I know are kind hearted and peacful than Christians. And i say this as a Christian.

• No it is not a good source of morality.

To be fair to muslims, I have yet to come across any holy texts that are a good source of morality. All three of the Abrahamic religions have sacred texts that would be abhorrent to all human beings were they not drilled into so many of us at so young an age. All of them condone and lay out the regulations for owning other human beings. All three promote racism, tribalism, and sectarian violence. Any book that says you can own human slaves, or commands you to be one to a higher entity, is no good source of morality.

• So many versus supporting violence

I've read the Koran myself and while I'm not a scholar, you don't need to be to realize its abundant immorality. I believe it's something along the lines of 109 versus that support violence. Quran (8:12) - "I will cast terror into the hearts of those who disbelieve. Therefore strike off their heads and strike off every fingertip of them"

• It's a religion of war.

If Muslims hold power, they are compelled to try to convert normal, sane people.
    The third condition in which it is okay to tell a lie, according to them, is to a woman. Unless morality is on the misogynistic side, this is a bad idea.
    A strict interpretation of the text reads that the Muslims should lie all the time to non-Muslims.
    This is the kind of religion where you back away slowly, and hope they all relocate to some compound somewhere.