• I was framed by an off duty Sheriffs Deputy and his lying fellow Deputy who wrote a false report.

I was penalized, charged with causing a collision when an off duty Sherrifs Deputy hit my car which was standing still in the correct lane. The lying SOB came out of a driveway and hit the left side. He called 15 fellow deputies to help him and perpetuate his lies. His name is Ricky Wane Sherman; the false police report writer, Carrillo, Lomita Sheffifs.

• Corrupt as always

The LAPD truly hasn't changed all that much since the Rampart corruption scandal. Perhaps the intensity of the corruption has been tampered down by a more aggressive internal affairs unit or extreme public scrutiny, but many people are straight up scared up the LAPD. They are not interested in community policing or taking a break from busting balls to listen and hear someone out. They patrol overly aggressively. Many citizens hate them very much. Most LA cops deliberately perpetuate the hardened cowboy patrolling conduct, especially in South LA divisions, like Southeast, Hollenbeck, 77th and Southwest. This attitude constitutes doing whatever they need to do to handle, or more accurately, disperse crime. It doesn't take much to bring these cowboy's to excessive violence, apathy and corruption

It's a sad but true reality that many patrol cops actually enjoy engaging in vehicle pursuits. They get a kick out of it. There are an insane amount of pursuits in LA. I suppose they may have me on that one though, it wouldn't be lame at all to race through the streets chasing a car, but the 'cowboy' mentality there is crazy. They're aggressive to the max and are not willing to ever accept responsibility to a citizen they have wronged.

Depending on where in LA you look, policing can be an organization without a whole lot of morality and full of shady, dubious behavior. Then again, most of LA has tons of equally shady citizens who sometimes just to need to know that if they're gonna screw with the LAPD and break the law, they're gonna go down hard and without regard.

• Yea they are a terrible police force.

Many people don't want to deal with the reality the LA has worse than average police department, but it does, I believe the most corrupt in the world. It's probably that way for a couple of reasons. LA tried to eradicate crime, in the old western law man sense, instead of control it like New York or Boston would do. LA grew so quickly in the 20th century that that kind of approach eventually meant you had to have a standing army to enforce your approach, hence SWAT was born, yet that was unconstitutional. Once there was a standing army you can't really tell an army they can't kill people and push them around, after enough of that happened you got the LA riots of the 1990's. You also have a different attitude toward cops in LA than really anywhere else, people HATE then and think they are scum. In other cities they are respected and admired, often they are the people you grew up with. The attitude in KA makes it to where only scum and people from out of town become cops, which makes things worse. Also there is a different attitude in LA because of past violence, people literally want to kill the cops, and when anything happens, they come out and say that, which just doesn't happen other places, people may not like the cops other places, but they personally don't want their entire police force to be executed, people in LA often do, and you can't blame them due to how the cops treat them. This combined with the bad LA coutry Sherrifs department and the worst in the world California Prison Guards Union which consists of a big lazy gangster union of corrupt people that are often sex predators and torture others for a living all combine to make law enforcement in LA real bad even on good days. Maybe it will change someday, but I would think that t won't without some kind of blood bath where the state or federal government steps in and assumes control. San Diego or San Francisco could probably reform LA, but the LAPD themselves are probably too far gone, they will fake reform but that's all it is.

• Yes they are

The LAPD helped in the killing of Tupac shakur. All the evidence proves that the police officers of the LAPD have been involved somehow in the brutal drive by murder. They were paid off to keep there mouth shut and the police department does not want to admit there involvement.

• Unfortunately, I believe so.

The old adage of "where there's smoke there's fire" doesn't exist for nothing, and historically speaking, there are numerous well known cases that point to corruption running rampant in the LAPD. Corruption is a problem in any police department, but place one in the middle of LA, with all the surrounding enticements, and it's safe to assume that this is the case.

• No, they are necessarily tough.

I live on the outskirts of LA and I believe the LAPD has to be tough to survive because the criminal elements that they deal with are not at all easy. I realize there are some cases of corruption among its ranks but I believe they are doing their best against some very difficult odds. The LAPD is very large, covering a huge area, and I don't believe that the entire force should be given a bad reputation for the actions of a few members in its ranks over the years.

• Corrupt members, maybe, but not as a unit.

Maybe there are some individual officers who have given themselves to corruption, but as a police department they have been given the task of securing the safety of Los Angeles' inhabitants. It is a massively large task, given the crime rate, within the city, but they handle it to the best of their ability and do a pretty fine job.

• No more than any other police force.

The LAPD is no more corrupt than any other police force for the most part. The recent issue with the 'accidental' shootings of innocents doesn't have anything to do with corruption. It was a matter of the police feeling their own lives were important enough to not put on the line by identifying their target before shooting.