Is the latest suicide attack in a in Iraq a sign of escalating violence?

• Yes, the latest suicide attack in Iraq is a sign of escalating violence.

The latest suicide attack in Iraq is a sign of escalating violence. The country has been plagued by violence since the Iraq War over a decade ago. However, violence has been increasing over the past few years; mainly due to the rise of ISIS. This latest attack is further evidence that the country's violence is growing and out of control.

• Suicide attack is one sign of escalating violence

I agree that the latest suicide attack in Iraq is a sign of escalating violence, although it is not the only sign. I believe most of the world right now is in a general state of unrest. We are experiencing irrational, unwarranted violence here in America and we are seeing more violence overseas. I think this latest bombing is a sign of more violence to come. We have not seen any significant break in the violence in the Middle East for quite a few years now. I think it will continue to escalate.

• No, I don't believe the latest suicide attack in Iraq demonstrates escalating violence.

The latest suicide attack in Iraq is one of many that has occurred over the span of many, many years in a war-torn country. The issue is that because of the mass shootings and suicide bombings in our own country and other countries that have a reputation for being more peaceful have brought the suicide bombings in Iraq and other middle eastern countries to the media's attention. I don't think it's an indicator of escalating violence in Iraq so much as it is an indication of increased awareness of these types of attacks.

• The violence has always been there.

There have been countless suicide bombings in the Middle East, so much so that it almost feels like a natural occurrence. It is not necessarily escalating as much as it is continuing. There will never be peace in that part of the world until they kill each other off. Until then they will continue to fight until nothing is left.