• No It's Not

I do not believe the law is always fair. I believe there are plenty of cases out there that justify that many laws are unfair. There are also plenty of laws out there that make no sense or are outright unnecessary. As a nation, we love to create laws, rather they be useful, just, or useless.

• It has never been truly fair.

Justice is somehow always meausured in different ways, and I particuarly don't like giving someone I have never met the power to rule me and control me. Such as gay, lesbian, and bisexuals. They are extremely disciminated against, and the law most certainly is not fair to them. It is like racism with homosexuality. The law should not get to choose how we think and feel. And it has never been about being fair, it has always been about what select people think is justice and right. But the law is not made up of a variety of religon and cultures, and that is why no matter how hard they try to make it seem fair, the law will never and has never been fair.

• Justice doesnt mean what they say it does

Justice doesn't mean that the right man or woman gets convicted, it means someone pays the price for a wrong action. Not every jury is going to be fair, you can't stop people from being biased, it is something that they decide on their own and you cant change it.

• It Has Never Been Fair

If you look at the history of America, you will notice that there has always been some form of bias in the laws, whether it was against African Americans, Native Americans, immigrants, or gays and lesbians. However, the march towards equality keeps going forward, and that is a good thing.

Posted by: rpr
  • Is the law really meant to be fair?

While we try to keep things fair, the law is definitely not designed to treat everyone equally. This isn't always a bad thing. Think about how cruel the law is to criminals. Don't expect your laws to be fair to everyone. Actually, you should expect that, but don't count on it.

• Usually but not always

Like any other system, things go wrong. Police do unethical things simply because they can, juries do their job wrong, legal representatives botch an obvious case. The legal system isn't out to get you, but that doesn't mean it's flawless. The law isn't always fair, be it because the law is unjust or the person applying it is.