Is the Loch Ness Monster just a tourist conspiracy?

• The Scots take distinct advantage over something they don't believe in.

Not that I blame them. They weren't the ones that initially came up with the hoax in the first place- those were tourists. But if you are going to get hundreds of gullible suckers coming to your town to look for a "monster" in your loch, you might as well make some money from it.

The Scots don't believe in the Loch Ness monster. They actually find it pretty funny.

• YES the Loch Ness Monster (Nessie) is a HOAX AND A TOURIST ATTRACTION

Nessie is a hoax because nobody has ever gotten a clear and distinct picture of Nessie that was not photoshopped to be a fake. The legend is a myth and no more. If anybody could give me a real unphotoshopped picture of Nessie, I would completely, 200% believe in them.

• Yes, it probably is

The Loch Ness Monster was likely something that, a long time ago, people genuinely believed was real. Since then, it's become a big attraction and drawn a lot of attention over the years. It's one of the most interesting myths regarding Scotland and most people are aware of it, so I do believe it is little more than a tourist conspiracy.

• The Lcoh ness Monster is not just a tourist conspiracy.

I don't think it is necessarily a "monster," but it does exist. The Scottish are very honest people, and they would not just make this up. I think it is some type of huge snake that has lived under the Loch for many years. It has never been seen up close, so there is an explaination for it.,

• Supportive of tourism but not created by tourism

Reports of Nessie go back way before 1933. Dozens of stories are told by people going back to the 19th century. One report talks of a great fish in 1869. One of Cromwell' soldiers describes a floating island in "Loughness" in 1658. If there was a conspiracy, I doubt it would be so well hidden for so long!

• No not likely

Their have been reported sighting from as early as the sixth centuary. It is possible, that a dinosaur served extinction event and lived within the confines of the lake. It, for the most part doesn't matter, to search every dark nook and crany and cave would be nearly impossible, given the murkyness of the lake.

• No, I don't think so

No, I would have to strongly disagree that the Loch Ness Monster is just a tourist conspiracy. The legend of the Loch Ness Monster has been around for hundreds of years, which was way before tourism became a real commercial idea to bring in more revenue for the area. I think it is a very real, yet mysterious thing.