Is the Millennial generation better off than their parents?

• I think that the millennial generation is better off than their parents.

I think that the millennial generation is better off than
    their parents. There are so many more
    opportunities in the world now. No one
    has to work on a farm anymore. Everyone
    has the opportunity to go to college.
    Technology is incredible nowadays.
    There is never a dull moment in modern life.

• We're on a race to the bottom now.

I thought by now we had figured out that it was a proven fact that the Millennial generation will never be better off than their parents, who in turn were rarely better off than their own parents. The age of prosperity in America is over, and the middle class is quickly dwindling.

• Millennials Worse Off Than Parents

Unfortunately, Millenials are far worse off than their parents at the moment. This generation of people has to contend with high unemployment, various financial crises, and other issues that the previous generation didn't have to deal with. Therefore, the Millenials are not succeeding in the same way as their parents did.

• A Common Misconception

Our parents like to tell us how better we have it. Yea, we're the ones who have to deal with a bad economy, while you guys were guaranteed jobs as soon as you graduated. We are the ones who will have to deal with a declining America. I wholeheartedly believe that we are America's last generation. We're screwed.

• They will work harder for much less.

The poor Millennials. Not only are the recipient of so much scorn for being (wrongly accused of) "The Worst Generation Ever" but they don't even get a chance to take advantage of the wages that their parents did. Millennials are going to be worse off than their parents, largely thanks to their Boomer grandparents whose unadulterated greed during the 1980s sent our economy and way of life into decline.

• Millennials Will Face Worse

I do not believe the millennial generation is better off than their parents. I think the parents grew up in relative comfort and are now struggling with stagnant wages and are unable to provide for their children like their parents had. So, they are unable to meet the expectations they found to be normal in childhood. Millenials were born into an era where the middle class has almost been wiped out, so while they may thing everything is okay, it truly isn't.