Is the moon a viable location for a human colony?

• The moon is a good place to start.

I think the moon is an ideal viable location to put our first extraterrestrial colony. Think of it as a stepping stone, a way to beta test doing bigger colonies on actual planets, like Mars. If anything goes wrong on the moon, we are close enough to mount a rescue operation in a relatively short amount of time.

• Of course it is.

The moon is a viable location for a human colony. It is the same distance from the sun as we are, and is also in the habitable zone. We would have to create an atmosphere on the moon for it to be habitable, but of course it could be done. It actually seems strange to me that there isn't life on the moon.

• It's close by.

Yes, the moon is a viable location for a human colony, because supplies could be taken back and forth. It only takes a few days to get to the moon. A few healthy people could live there with no frills, if water, air, and food were brought to them. They would live in bubbles.

• It Could Be

I believe the moon is a viable location for a human colony. Given its location and proximity to us, it is the closest thing we have. I think we should try to set a colony up on the moon before we every try to set up a colony on Mars.

• No, I don't think the moon is a viable location for a human colony.

The moon does not have any source of oxygen and the gravity is not very suitable for a human colony, I think that it would be possible to build a colony on the moon but it would be very expensive and not a very viable colony at all, I think we need to search for an earth like planet for a human colony.