• Yes, it is one-stop shopping.

Yes, the Google+ integration on YouTube is helpful, because people don't have to create two accounts. It is nice to have all of my accounts in one place. People who email me can easily find my YouTube postings. It is easier to find other people's YouTube accounts. Having it all integrated makes YouTube more legitimate, because people have their actual names on their accounts.

• Old Google Separated Its Services

Google, in its ever-present need for more advertising revenue, integrated all of its accounts into one login. That means some services feed off others--including sharing YouTube videos on Google+ and the like. I preferred my Google services to remain separate so I can tell what's going on. Sometimes, I don't want to share videos on Google+ and I forget I'm logged in. It was something new to get used to, and I still think the integration has some kinks.