• GPA: Grade Point Aristocrats

Those who receive higher grades and GPA's have an easier time in school. On top of recognition, they also have an easier time getting into colleges. Unfortunately, they also get priority for scholarships. Not only do they get the ability to go to prestigious schools, but they also get all the scholarships to pay for their education. Whereas those with lower GPA's and grades often get rejected from places of higher education preventing them from moving forward in life. On top of that they dont get access to scholarships or funds to help them succeed even if they do manage to get to college. This system gives advantages to those who already have them and punishes those who are already struggling. This may sound like a "free school" speech but it isn't. Im merely pointing out this inequality this system creates. I myself got bad grades in high school due to health issues. I've since spent the last 4 years working to slowly better my grades at a local community college simply to get my Associates Degree. What took me 4 years takes those with higher grades 2. This story underscores the problem universities, colleges, and K-12 schools create with their current system. I dont have a solution for the problem, but it is a problem.

• The rule is definitely fair.

The SAT isn't going to give you questions on singing or dancing or playing sports. If kids want a great future, they need to learn these vital subjects. Besides, not a lot of these sort of jobs are high-pay (except maybe an athlete). They can be the kids' hobbies, but I would rather recommend them become a software engineer or something that would be more useful. These extra-curricular activities can be their lifelong hobbies.

• Of course, it is

The purpose of school is to educate its students. If a student is not willing (or unable to for choices they made) why should they be rewarded with the opportunity to perform at a school-sanctioned sporting event, in any capacity? While physical activity is a needed part of a child's learning - it is secondary to a child's learning.

• What was the education board thinking?

Not every student wants to be an English, Science, Math, or History major. In fact, many students’ most necessary classes are extra-curricular. The whole purpose of an education is to train kids for our future, correct? So what’s the point of keeping a kid from playing sports, singing, drawing, or acting? If that’s what they want to do, then that’s what’s most important. They should be trained for their future! Not a white collar job that many of them don’t want! The rule defeats the purpose of education, on top of being unfair.