Is the NSA leaker a patriot (yes) or a traitor (no)?

• The NSA leaker is a patriot

Edward Snowden discovered that the government was violating our fourth amendment right without our knowledge. Instead of going to his employer where he might have been fired or worse instead he let the public know what was going on. I believe this was the best option for him to do this because if your company is doing something wrong that affects people nationally, going to your boss is not going to get the word out or change that your hoping to accomplish.

• He is in my opinion a hero

Edward Snowden discovered that the government was violating our fourth amendment right without our knowledge. Faced with a difficult decision, he chose to inform the public about this transgression. Some argue that he should have taken his concern to his supervisor. In rebuttal, I say that Snowden had good reason to believe that had he done so, he would then proceed to fatally crash his car on the way home, or possibly OD on a speedball. Maybe even have a heart attack. However it would happen, he would die under non-suspicious circumstances.