Is the Otter Box better than the Lifeproof case?

Asked by: juliagirl0825
  • Otter box yes

I have a life proof and otter box but honestly otter box is good life proof I tried to take my case of and it broke I got an otter box and it was amazing great protection it is a very good case to buy for people who drop their phones

• Otterbox is built to defend the phone from real world damage.

The Otterbox is a much more protective case in the event of falls and shocks. This is the unavoidable damage a phone must endure. All phones, all users. With the exception of a very few professions which require introducing submersion into the phone's environment, there is no good reason to surrender the far superior protection of the Otterbox for the novelty of waterproofing. I don't use my phone on the toilet or in the shower (behaviors most people would consider mental illness a few years ago), so this feature is irrelevant to me.

• Lasted Hella Longer!

So yea, maybe i broke my phone in both types... . But still Otterbox has lasted me, what? 2 years? And Life-proof lasted maybe 2 months. Better yet, life-proof may protect from shocks, rain, dust, water. But somehow it managed to break my phone and i didn't do anything! With otterbox... I managed to drop it from 50 feet up and it not break. So OTTERBOX RULES!

• Having tried both, I'm more comfortable with and confident in Otter Box.

I've no doubt the Lifeproof case is good and that it can protect the item well enough but having used one now I still feel as though I had to baby it due to the lack of protection around the screen of my 6s plus. I may sacrifice a bit of water protection with Otterbox but I still feel it's better served in the Defender.

• Lifeproof is NOT life proof

My son has an ipad mini with a broken inner screen. He has dropped it and the inner screen broke. The outer screen is perfect. I have ALWAYS used Otterbox on my iphones, and have dropped them many many times...Never have had a screen (outer or inner) break. Not very impressed. Anyone know if LifeProof covers breakage on an ipad?

• My phone got run over

My phone got run over because I accidently dropped it without knowing and my dad ran it over. When I got home from school I saw my phone without its otter box on and the back was cracked but my front phone screen is perfectly fine. IF AN OTTERBOXX CAN KEEP MY PHONE SAFE EVEN WHEN BEING RUN OVER BY MY DAD'S CAR THEN IT CAN DO ANYTHING

• I will never purchase LifeProof EVER again

LifeProof cases are designed to protect against water, correct? Well, it does a horrible job at it. Being that I am a life guard, a LifeProof case seemed like a smart option; however my iPhone 5C is now broken because of some moisture. OtterBox has never failed me in the past and I intend on purchasing OtterBoxes from now. If water is a factor in what product you wish to purchase, LifeProof is NOT better than OtterBox as far as I'm concerned.

• Otter Box for life.

There was a post on here that stated that otter box's rubber gets all stretched out and has to be replaced. Well if you read into a life proof case it will eventually get stretched out. They both get stretched out but are easily replaced. Otter Box is better at defending the phone, no doubt about it!

• Takes real life full on!

The otter box is the best all around case for protection! If protection isn't your primary concern then go with the Lifeproof case as it is less bulky and an amazing case however, the screen is less protected and can get scratched with the lifeproof case. With the equivalent otter box case, the screen is better protected and the phone is better protected from drops, bangs and crushes.
    For an great waterproof case that is sleek you might want the lifeproof case but for the ultimate protection agains water, abuse and life then the otter box is the best choice

• Lifeproof is WAY better!!

Lifeproof is a case that easily surpasses otter box. The main thing that I love about Lifeproof is it being water proof! My friend dropped her phone (with a Lifeproof case) in the toilet by accident, and the phone was perfectly fine!! I have dropped my phone with this case a TON, and my case and phone is in perfect condition. Otter box, you can't drop your phone in water and in some case models are breaking/peeling really quick. I totally support #teamlifeproof

• Kk. J in j j j

Ndndiabsnixanbsjznsbsjx s am z z six. And. Basis. Is no. I I bob. K. Knbovji bk k l o k knj j. Ok j k k k k k k k j j n j b b j h h h h. B b be. Bob. Be b h h h b b b

• Life proof happy thus far

This is my first life proof case. I was hesitant to buy it because of the expense. However, I've owned nothing but Otter box cases in the past and although they did last the life of my phones, they are very bulky and not dust proof. Plus, the rubber wears off. I now own a life proof case and although the jury is still out, I'm loving the style and less bulk. Hoping it remains dust free.

• Would you like durability in the short or long run?

The life proof case is slimmer and better is at handling spills and condensation. On the other hand the otter box is better for the complete clutz offering better protection against dunks and drops but the port flaps are incredibly weak against multiple uses. Overall if you have a habit of breaking you phone constantly go with the otter box. Now on to the astetics the lifeproof is slimmer and the built in screen protector is perfect against scratches and mild glare. The otter box how ever is bulky and the screen protector has a sensitivity issue meaning you'll probably have to apply slightly more pressure or be very patient. So overall if you have a habit of breaking your phone go with the otter box, but if you want something that offers a slight increase in durability and water resesistance with out sacraficing useablity life proof is the way. So the decision is yours

• Lifeproof rules! Seriously.

I've had the lifeproof and the otter box defender. The otter box has different cases for different reasons but the lifeproof is the whole package in one case. My defender cannot stand water, snow, dirt, or shocks but can only stand long drops. Don't just go after the brand. Otter box may be expensive, but it doesn't work as good as the lifeproof Fre.

• Love life proof

I always had a life proof on my iPhone it protects against EVERYTHING my son also has life proof he dropped his phone and then accidently ran over the phone with the life proof case on it the phone came through with no problem and still worked :) I've seen my friends with a otter box on their phone and the rubber stuff on it stretches out and yes it gets replaced but what a headache I've never had to do that with my life proof case :)

• Boaters love Lifeproof

As a boater I am around water all the time. Occasionally it drops in the drink or is the the pocket of your wet shorts. Never a problem. I have had a lifeproof case on my 4s for a few years and works great. I will say though that if you put it in your back pocket a lot the edges of the lifeproof case wears out. It is made out of softer material than the Otter Box and wears more easily. But the slimness of the LifeProof case and the protection it affords is still my preferred choice. Just waiting for the iPhone 6 case to come out now. Surprising it is taking this long for them to get the 6 to market.

• Lifeproof is the way to go!

I love lifeproof! I have one and I have dropped my phone countless times. I've dropped it in my pool, it's got snowed on,rained on, covered in mud. And my phone is perfectly working and not one scratch on my phone. I HIGHLY suggest the Lifeproof. My friend had a otter box and the case has torn and got super dirty. Lifeproof just looks better too. Without lifeproof my phone would have been long gone by now. !

• The Lifeproof isn't life proof!

I dropped my phone from 2 feet off the ground while in a lifeproof case, and it cracked the screen badly!!!! I have an iPhone 5 and an ipad mini with lifeproof cases and they still got cracked. Three of my other friend's phones have gotten badly cracked because the lifeproof's inability to be life proof.

• Ive had 3 iphones all with lifeproof cases.

Ive been using lifeproof cases for a fair few years now, and they have never let me down, i am quite clumsy and have dropped all my iphones a lot and never had any damage at all. Yes they do sometimes leak water but it still has a higher chance of survival over no case. I like the lifeproof cases as they are still fairly slim in comparison to the otterbox and lifeproof have no problem replacing a case if you wear it out. In my opinion a lifeproof case is the way to go!