• Yes and Yes

Golf is on the same level as tennis. There's no real one-on-one competition; the sport takes hours (if not, days) to complete; and the golf courses are WAY too big. That's just my take on it. Take it as you will. I just don't like the sport. Never have, never will.

Posted by: S.K
  • Golf is so 1999

Golf has been on the decline for awhile. Honestly, it is a boring sport. Even those who play golf aren't glued to the tv watching it. People want action, running, jumping, etc. The hot the ball walk to the hole thing really screams 1999. Now with the downturn of Tiger Woods, I see it declining even faster.

• Golf's Decline in America: Work/Life Balance Is the True Culprit

The number of core American golfers (those playing eight rounds or more per year) has fallen between three and 4.5 percent every year since 2006.

Since 2007, the number of golf courses closing in America has significantly outnumbered the number of new course being built.

This downward trend in American golf is even making its way to the professional level. In 1986, American golfers made up 60 percent of the Top 100 players in the World Golf Rankings. By the end of 2010, Americans made up only 32 percent of the Top 100.

• no it is not.

Golf is just as popular as it always has been, if not more then ever. There are a lot of new and younger men and women getting into the sport which makes it attractive to the younger crowd. There is also issues with cheating spouses and drug use so that of course always sparks an intrest in people.

• No, I don't think it is.

I think we saw golf numbers skyrocket when Tiger was winning and I think they've decreased to pre-tiger levels, but that's been normal in the game of golf. I think if Rory continues to play well and win a few more majors than we will see younger fans joining the game once more