• Prosperity gospel represents a distortion of the Biblical message

The prosperity gospel message is very appealing, but I do not believe it has a Biblical basis. It is my opinion that those who preach this belief are ignoring the true message of the Bible and are taking supportive verses out of context. This isn't to say that Christians shouldn't pray about financial matters, but I do not believe that God promised material wealth to all who believe and place trust in Him. When I consider the teachings of Christ I see a very different picture; I see a lifestyle based upon giving, peace, contentment, and eternal riches-not the pursuit of money. Its just my opinion, but the prosperity gospel message serves only to weaken those who are struggling. It is a false teaching that can cause struggling Christians to have doubt in both themselves and God. This is a sad consequence of a false teaching, even the message was intended to build faith.

• No, the prosperity Gospel is not biblical.

The Prosperity Gospel is a pseudo-Christian ideology originated in the early 20th century in the United States from a 19th century cult movement known as the 'New Thought Movement'. E.W. Kenyon is known as the father of the prosperity Gospel which was popularized by the likes of Kenneth Haggin, Oral Roberts, Kenneth Copeland, Benny Hinn, Creflo Dollar and so on. It teaches that God wants us to be materially rich and through faith it is possible to prosper in both our health and wealth. It deliberately changes Christ saying 'God OR mammon' to 'God AND mammon'. It corrupts Christianity's teaching on poverty and riches. It undermines humble living and glorifies luxurious living deliberately ignoring the humble lifestyle of Jesus, his disciples and the early Christians. Prosperity Gospel essentially mixes the church with the world when the Bible is clear about the fact that the world will hate those who believe in Jesus. The Prosperity Gospel is not only pseudo-Christianity but anti-Christianity. It is not Biblical in any sense of the word.