Is the rapid dissemination of information a good thing (yes) or a bad thing (no)?

• I Find It Good

I believe the rapid dissemination of information is a good thing. It makes me feel more connected to the world. I enjoy getting fresh news right after it happened. I do not see any negative impacts from it, other than some sources adding unnecessary or incorrect information. Reporters should still take the time to hone their script or fact their work.

• The spread of information is needed in the world.

If we are uninformed about what is in our food or about politics then we as people cannot make decisions appropriate to our needs with voting or buying a certain product. When companies look out for their bottom line or politicians look out for those who contributed to their campaign and their constituent it can harm society and ourselves. If we are not informed then we lose out on improving our society and instead harm our society and ourselves.

• It helps us react.

Rapid dissemination of information is a good thing, because it allows us to react properly. People cannot form proper opinions about a war if they are finding out what happens 3 days later. People need to be able to react to their world when it happens. It also allows us to help victims and survivors.

• A bad thing

I think that it is good that we can find out news faster and don't have to wait a long time to understand what is going on. However, in this rapid news cycle where you report whatever you hear first just to say you were the first, there are a lot of inaccuracies. It's not good reporting.