• Why is the royal family a waste of money

The question that i'm asking is the royal family a waste of money? And why do you say that, Do , you agree or disagree. . . That royality is a huge waste of money. ... I really want to know why you say so ? ? ?? ? ?

• They hold economic and cultural value

Aside from value, with nearly 1000 years (if not more, depending on your sources) of history, they are a defining characteristic of the U.K.

That said, most of the money that the Crown gets is by way of the land they own, such as the Duchy of Lancaster, Cornwall, etc. 15% of the Crown Estate's profits go to the Crown by way of the Sovereign's trust.

Every taxpayer pays a sum ranging from 50 pence to over a pound per year to support the Monarchy. However, the Monarchy brings in large amounts of revenue from tourists per year. That said, the Crown still has some power under the Royal Prerogative, even if the Queen doesn't use it often.

• Their our culture.

Personally I don't watch the Queens speech at Christmas. I didn't watch the Royal wedding. I don't find them all that entertaining however, I do respect them. They are a living monument to the evolution of our country. I have my issues with them but I don't see them as a waste of money.
    Also who doesn't find Prince Phillip hilarious?