• Yes, the Russian ban of porn sites is a violation of civil rights.

Yes, the Russian ban of porn sites is a violation of civil rights because it prevents people from expressing themselves in ways that they should be entitled to. Porn is stigmatized, but what is so wrong about looking at images on the internet? It hurts no one, so it should be allowed.

• Possibly a little

I would argue that there's no civil right to porn. I think it's less about the content and more about the fact that Russia is restricting what its citizens can and can't view. In any case, porn is not appropriate for all audiences, and I don't know of any country that has codified the right to see porn. Not all material is suitable for all audiences, but adults should be able to decided (within reason) what they can and can't view, and that's a civil right.

• I'm not sure that access to pornography could be considered a civil right

Having access to porn doesn't seem all that much like a civil right to me. I can understand that there are some people who are very upset over the restriction, but at what time did anyone say that porn had to be readily available to anyone who wants to watch it? It's not a civil right, it is just something that some people enjoy.

• In Russia, rights get you

The idea of civil rights is a strong one in America, but in Russia, the state controls you much more. If they want to ban porn sites, they can do it. And there's nothing in the Russian lawbook that will stop them. Certainly this would be incredibly illegal in America, but that's why everybody wants to live here.