• It reflects confidence.

Yes, the S&P 500 is a good measure of the economy, because it is a measure of profit. If profits are up, that means that the economy is doing well because people are spending money. It also demonstrates the confidence that investors have in the market, which reflects market strength.

• S&P not a good meausre of economy

I think that S&P is not a good or reliable measure of how good the economy is.There are too many factors that affect it and I think it is not reliable. When something might happens it causes change and so I think there is a lot of speculation and causes a lot of uneasy feelings and causes the numbers to fluctuate

• No, the S&P 500 fails to measure the economy.

The S&P 500 is a completely inadequate measure of the economy. The selection and components of the S&P 500 are not reflective of the entirety of the economy. The S&P 500 is a mere reflection of the economic health of the members alone and not of the economy in general. It is not representative of all facets of the economy.

• Not To Me

I do not believe the S&P 500 is a good measure of the economy. I believe the stock market is artificially inflated and it does not represent the economy well at all. There are many people stuck in low-wage jobs in this country. The economy of their life is not represented in the stock market at all.