• Of course it's valuable!

I believe that the self-help industry is definitely valuable. A lot of people don't want to go seek help, they much rather try and do what they can to help themselves. I am one of those people, and I'd rather try to figure out ways to help myself. I think the self-help industry is extremely valuable.

• It Is Very Valuable

The self-help industry is very valuable. You do not have to look any further than the estimated ten billion dollars that it grossed last year. It allows people to help themselves without seeing any type of specialists or physicians. That allows people to save hundreds and in some cases thousands of dollars.

• Yes

I do believe that the self help industry is valuable. While it might not be for everyone, it has helped a ton of people. NA,AA,AM are just a few of the self help classes in the industry that help people who either know they need help, or that are court appointed. Some people that need individual help it doesn't work for, but a lot of people find comfort in a group setting, knowing that what is said during those meeting is confidential, and it has helped a tremendous amount of people turn their lives are for the better.

• I don't think so

I've seen very few self-help books that are actually beneficial in any way. Anybody can write one without providing any evidence for its effectiveness. That's not to say that all self-help literature is bad of course, but the industry seems akin to holistic healing, a lot of feel good nonsense that probably doesn't do anything.