Is The Simpsons the best sitcom of the last 30 years?

• Yes, it is.

Greatest TV show ever made. "It’s bigger than Cheers, bigger than sitcoms, in some ways bigger than television. It’s our virtual Smithsonian and Library of Congress, our collective data cloud, the Force, or Farce, that surrounds us, binds us, and holds the galaxy together." Says it all, really, doesn't it?.

• Entertainment for the whole family.

A Simpsons episode is amazing in many ways, including how it reveals something new each time it is watched. There is incredible wit and sarcasm in the writing. The characters are wonderful in their predictability and Homer is just so darn charming. I can watch an episode with my family and we all truly enjoy it. There are only a few shows where that is true. The Simpsons have been doing that for over 20 years!

• It Is The Best

The Simpson's is not what it used to be, but it is definitely the best sitcom of the last 30 years. The show has had tons of influence and has a huge following. In it's prime years, the show was untouchable. It is easily better than anything else that has come out.

• No but it is up there

I personally think Seinfeld is the best sitcom over the past three decade because of its originality and it just funny but huge props to the simpsons. In my opinion it is the best cartoon but not sitcom. I say it is top five with Cosby Show Cheers Seinfeld and Everybody loves Raymond.

• The simpsons is not the best sitcom of the last 30 years.

I don't know that I would even characterize the simpsons as sitcom, but I suppose it is. Shows like 7th Heaven, the Cosby's, and the Facts of Life are the best sitcoms. That is, in my opinion they are. I like a could wholesome show, not some snotty kid making fun of his dad. Yes, it is funny, but I had to think a minute when I read, "Simpsons." My first thought went to OJ.

• The Simpsons cannot be considered the best sitcom of the last 30 years.

The Simpsons has longevity, but I do not think it can be considered the best sitcom of the last 30 years. Though it approaches a variety of situations in unique and interesting ways (as only a cartoon can do), to say that it is hands-down the funniest sitcom ignores other cultural zeitgeists like Cheers, Friends, and Seinfeld. Each targeted a different audience and contributed to our media culture in different ways. The category of "sitcom" is just too varied to label any one show as the "best".

• Longevity is not a Reason to be Named the Best.

Considering shows that ended while they were at the top for their game, these shows will be remembered for the high quality of the comedy. The memory of the Simpsons will always be tarnished by the later seasons. The quality of comedy has gone down hill and that won't be forgotten.