• Some of these arguments are ridiculous

I'm a big believer in the fact that opinions are subjective and nobody should ever be ridiculed for holding one that goes against the grain. With that said, I'm going to be very hypocritical and say that some of the opinions voiced here are ludicrous. One of the posts I see, by Unitomic, argues that because they could never get into The Sopanos it was, therefore, inferior to Two and a Half Men for them. Which is true. If you prefer one show to another there is nothing wrong with that, but to suggest that your view has any validity you have to provide more of a coherent argument than "I liked x but not y". The Sopranos is a better show than Two and a Half Men. It is smarter, richer, cleverer, more insightful - it has better characters, better episodes, better craftsmanship and better use of music. It examined a greater range of themes in greater depth in a manner which was universal. It's performances were near-perfect and it boasted far better consistency. I would therefore claim that irrespective of personal preferences The Sopranos is objectively superior.

• Its like Godfather the show.

It was probably the best show that has ever lived. The constant Italian mob violence, its a great show that doesnt make you wanna leave your seat. It had great music along with great acting from Gandolfini and many others on the show. If the ending was better It would win by a mile.

• Best series ever shown on tv

After rewatching the Sopranos in full, I am even more convinced that it is the most interesting and entertaining show ever produced for television.The acting is superb, the characters truly timeless and the story lines generally brilliant.I have never seen a better show in my 50 + years of watching television.

• The Greatness of the Sopranos

While this is just my opinion, out of all the television shows I have watched, no other show has struck me the way the Sopranos has. The acting, story-lines, atmosphere, direction, etc. Are phenomenal and created the perfect balance for this show. James Gandolfini (RIP) was perfect as Tony Soprano, he played the role in such a way that you could never imagine anyone else playing Tony Soprano, he made the character his own. The supporting cast (Edie Falco, Michael Imperioli, Tony Sirico, etc. Etc.) also gave their unique stamps on their characters and were perfect complimentary characters to Tony Soprano. I also think it was the nature of the show and the nature of Tony's character that made it so interesting. Tony was a mob boss with a dark side, but he was also a family man with a good side. He struggled to balance his life in the Mafia with his life as a father/husband/son, and it was this struggle that defined Tony. Even if some don't consider this the greatest show of all time, I think all would have to agree it's one of the best ever. I don't think there will ever again be a show quite like the Sopranos :)

• I think it is.

We are in the golden age of television, and we have to be thankful that we are. The show that I think best represents the golden age is The Sopranos. The Sopranos is what began this era and I can't foresee any show beating it for the G.O.A.T spot. Others may argue that there are shows that are on The Sopranos' level, but I disagree.

• I think it is.

• Awesome in every frame and just a great show.

It has thousands of moments where its a serious scene but you fucking is laugh riot..One of the example is when the acting scene with Christopher where there converse in just "A" and "B" and when the guy says "A" Chris knocks him out..Also lot of other scenes where Junior looks serious but its just funny in its own way

• 100% yes, without doubt.

I first watched The Sopranos in 2014, so I was a tad late to jump on the bandwagon. Before watching The Sopranos, I thought Breaking Bad was the best thing since sliced bread. But, after watching the pilot episode, I realized The Sopranos was something else completely. The acting compelled me to watch more, and I was never disappointed. The best show ever? Definitely

• 100% yes, without doubt.

I watched The Sopranos for the first time in 2014, so I was a tad late to jump on the bandwagon. Before watching The Sopranos, I thought Breaking Bad was the best thing since sliced bread. But after just one episode I realized The Sopranos was something else completely. The acting compelled me to watch more, and I was never disappointed. The best show ever? Definitely.

• It's in a league of its own.

The Sopranos is the greatest show ever made. Of all the shows I've watched, The Sopranos is the only show I would watch over and over in its entirety. James Gandolfini, one of the greatest actors ever, along with the supporting cast, provided a tonne of realism to each scene in each episode. And, I have never seen such realistic, convincing acting in any other TV show pre-Sopranos or post-Sopranos.

This show revolutionised TV. Name one show that has an anti-hero as its protagonist that hasn't been directly influenced by The Sopranos. It's hard to find one, isn't it?

All in all, The Sopranos is head and shoulders above the rest. It's the best show ever to be made and the only show, in my opinion, that comes close is The Wire.

• Dr. Who, Firefly, Revolution, Friends, and Bugs Bunny

"Best show ever" is largely an opinion. I could never get into the Soprano's. Therefore to me, it doesn't compare to the likes of Two and a Half Men. And even if you think it is the best now, you may find from the thousands of unknown shows there is one better.

donald.keller says2016-03-12T22:47:36.730
This poll is why the poll sections sucks.