Is the Starbucks pumpkin spice latte responsible for the recent pumpkin boom?

• Starbucks and their Pumpkin Latte started the trend

In my opinion Starbucks put the pumpkin craze in the nation. Prior to the pumpkin latte I don't ever recall anyone boosting up the pumpkin flavor in so many things. Starbucks has become such an icon it makes sense the world copies them. In recent articles people are " pumpkin bashing " all these flavors but its obvious they haven't tried them!

• Yes, I think the Pumpkin Spice Latte has helped with the recent pumpkin boom.

While pumpkin has always been a favorite fall flavor, I definitely think Starbucks Pumpkin Spice Latte has helped in the past few years. Everyone waits for the fall so they can have the drink. It's created such a following that they moved up the return date for the drink. Now it seems like every product has a pumpkin flavor and I think that has to do with the following the Pumpkin Spice Latte has created.

• No Starbucks is not responsible for the pumpkins recent popularity boom.

This makes me laugh, is Starbucks responsible for the recent pumpkin boom, quick answer? NO!! I feel it's that time of year like every year it's fall and here come Halloween and Thanksgiving. How is Starbucks going to take the shine away from holiday's, that is hilarious. Soon people will say Starbucks invented sliced bread.

• Since Starbucks does not use real pumpkin, their effect is negligible.

Starbucks' pumpkin spice latte, while reflecting the cliched taste attributed to autumn, does not actually use pumpkin, but rather artifical flavoring, such as high fructose corn syrup. As a result, the effect they could have had on the pumpkin industry is probably not being exerted on the pumpkin farmers right now, or to a limited extent.