Is the term SJW just a childish silly pejorative to undermine progressives?

Asked by: G_Skeptic-Guy
  • Fat slob Somoa Joe

"You know, they say all men are created equal, but you look at me and you look at Samoa Joe, and you can see that statement is not true! See, normally if you go one-on-one with another wrestler, you got a 50-50 chance of winnin'. But I'm a genetic freak, and I'm not normal, so you got a 25% at best at beatin' me! And then you add Kurt Angle to the mix? Your chances of winnin' drasticy go down. See the three-way, at Sacrifice, you got a 33 1/3 chance of wiinnin'. But I, I got a 66 2/3 chance of winning, cause Kurt Angle KNOWS he can't beat me, and he's not even gonna try! So, Samoa Joe, you take your 33 1/3 chance, minus my 25 percent chance, and you got an 8 1/3 chance of winnin' at Sacrifice! But then you take my 75 perchance chance at winnin', if we was to go one-on-one, and to add 66 2/3 ch… percents, I got a 141 2/3 chance of winnin at Sacrifice! See, McJoe; the numbers don't like, and they spell disaster for you at Sacrifice! See- but I'm gonna break it down for all you ladies." (turns to Lauren) "Would you rather be with me, or would you rather be with Joe?"

• Of course it is.

Whenever new vocabulary enters the public dialogue, a new frame of reference has been created. Labels are a way of pre identifying nouns before a reasonable assessment can be made. This isn't to say the labels aren't deserved, earned, respected, ridiculed etc. I'm simply stating the fact that new language controls the frame or filter the sense we see the world through. It's an emotional appeal, nothing more.

• Of course not

It is an abbreviation for Social Justice Warrior. Just like Nazi stands for National Socialist. A B R E V I A T I O N S make life easier than saying the the whole phrase. It is pointless to think that it is childish when Social Justice Warriors are the most autistic and childish of all of the ideologies I have ever seen or heard of.

• They reap what they sow

I myself am a progressive male.

Looking at SJW I am horrified at what I watch they constantly make names for themselves when they go out in public and call themselves SJW.Not only are they childish but they act rude.So i do not think the term SJW is underminding all of progressives but just the one with radical agendas who act childish themselves and do not accept the consequences of what they put it out

• It is a response to childishness, and progressives undermining themselves

The term SJW is pejorative, and it is kind of childish. But when you act in a childish manner, the reaction will likely be childish.

Basically, a lot of people seem to feel like people under the SJW banner have made such a ridiculous spectacle of themselves to this point that they are worthy of ridicule. They act like they are 'warriors' in some noble fight, when their actions are fraught with censorship, over-sensitivity, and outright hypocrisy.

This is also why they are called regressives. To be honest, if they respected people's right to have an opinion, and didn't label people that disagreed with them as literally Hitler, they would likely actually make headway on the fronts that still need work. Instead, they run the risk of turning society against them. Hence, Trump got elected.

As much as I am all for people being able to live their lives the way they want, I can't respect those who don't respect the rights of others. And free speech is paramount.