• Kklnkl jlnlk lknlk mjlnl

Ink okdfjg erkj gk jfgksdf;kg sdlfkg lkg kgj dlfkgjd;lkgj dslkg jdflkg sd;flkg ;kg dlkg jkg dfkg jdfklg df;lk k dfgkfd k ndsfkg jak fdjg dfklgj df;lk jdfo d kdfg kk fejk gjkgfjkfgdkjdfgjkfdg jkfgd kjfdg jkfgdjk fdgjk jkdfg k dfgkjg kjdfg kjgdfkjgfjkgdfijoerio knvnfdore j jfkgj gjdfl fl lljk jklf jlljk f j

• America is being pimped and gamed by the rich and poor!

The rich and poor people both are like vultures picking the flesh off small business and the middle class working people ... It's always about how to get something and have other pay for it. The Rich feel entitled to print more currency we don't have which devalues currency and the poor know exactly what they have to do to maximize their unearned social programs.
    The Middle Class is shrinking because we are tired of being screwed by these two groups (elites and poor).
    Just wait, next business boom in America is the Black market due to this!

• Banning light bulbs

Who the hell is the government to tell me what light bulb I can or cant use. My finances are in the green, the government operates in the red. I pay my electric bill on time every month. I have enough income tax taken out each month to pay my house payment and car payment. I wonder which worthless POS is living in my house and driving my car?

• Banning light bulbs

• Less too big to govern, more too big to progress.

To some degree the US is clearly able to be governed. It continually meets with less success as geo-political and socio-economic interests become stronger and more varied. As a younger generation is joining the adult population, the dominant concept is spreading of both equality and individuality. People are wanting what they want and think they deserve it just as much as the next person. And what's more is, while people become equal, smaller interest groups become supported, large groups become smaller as diversity spreads, and those once large groups tighten their grip on what they stand for. Hence, it is becoming more difficult to govern such a large (and rapidly ever growing) population with such diverse interests - though it is capable of being governed in its current state.

In turn, because the US is becoming harder to govern, it naturally is also becoming impossible to progress. In fact, it seems likely that progress is due to be extinct until the next age - an age where politics and people have some what agreed to co-exist in a peaceful way.

• It's less too big to govern and more too big to progress.

• Try not paying your TAXES.

You know the government is too big when its citizens cannot control it. Try going a few years without paying taxes and then you'll realize how big the government really is. Your home will be seized and you will end up in jail. That is not what freedom is about.

• The problem is too much government

There's way too many programs, the executive branch has gotten too powerful, our constitution and bill of rights have been overthrown, too much war power, we're in every country in the world, debt is higher than ever, budget has Gone too far, this is why I believe there is too much government

• US government is evil

The federal government is criminal. The federal government has stolen 2.7 trillion from social security and its stolen 600 billion from medicare. The federal government has ran up 19 trillion in debt. The federal government has sent our people to die in unjust wars. The federal government has failed our veterans and not taken care of them. Federal government is taking a ever increasing share of the peoples income and its take our decision making and our freedoms away. The US government allowed 3000 people to die on 911. The federal government has its nose in everyones business but its own. The federal government is evil and the enemy of the people.

• No. We are a huge nation.

We are one of the largest nations in the world, both in area and in population. On top of that, we are influential and powerful. We need a large government to orchestrate our growth and development and keep things running smoothly and fairly. People always want to say government is too big, but then they still like to take advantage of everything the government provides them -- public education, parks, courts of law, police, scientific research, Medicare, educational loans, national defense, and so on. The list of what we get for what we pay is very long indeed. We can always trim some fat here or there, but we would have more disarray if our government were small.

• What is the criteria?

To logically determine if a government is too large or too small you must have a criteria. None of the arguments on either side seem to have the answer. For it to be too large economically you would need to compare countries with similar economies and then determine if the services and the per ca pita $ amount is less or more. If we are spending more per person but not getting the same amount of services is it because our government is too big or is it because our system is inefficient? Is it too large in it's scope? If so what should it not be doing? Does anyone really think if we refocus departments involved in the war on poverty, the war on drugs, financial scams or support for the environment, our parks or higher education that all those issues will improve on their own? A quick look into our own history shows that is never the case. I'm not from Missouri but I still say "show me!" Show me a system, not a hypothetical system but a real working system that delivers more but costs less. Until then I'm sticking with NO.

• The misconception of government

http://www.governmentisgood.com/articles.php?aid=13

This link is the majority of the reasons why the government needed to be a giant. As for the rest, people often say that this size could've been avoided but that is just plain false. We purposely drive ourselves towards this direction, if we wanted to avoid it we should choose different parties instead of this republican vs democrats or vote more mid wingers. The reason why people have such high taxes is because of the republicans and big corporations as they keep on insisting the trickle down system would work which it never does. The rich should be taxed more and the lower classes should be taxed less. Essentially, money is causing many personnel problems on the other side of the argument, not the actual government itself. The solution to this problem is obvious, we need not rely on the trickle system the capitalists have already used before, we know where that ended up; people complaining about their taxes all the time all thanks to the democratic insisted on raising taxes and the republicans insist that the taxes should only apply to middle class or below. The irony is that the compromise with democrats and republican's caused this problem to circulate and the only way to solve it is with equality of taxes.

• The misconception of government

• Not at all

The federal government isnt really that big but if you think about it the united states is the third biggest country in the world, so although we do owe china 1.3 trillion dollars it isnt really much of a surprise if you think about the size of the united states

• Not at all

• Government = Protection

We need our Government to be big for they can protects us and to help all of the state and local governments. Like i said Bigger is Better and that's what we need to be the best and stay the best in the world, and that's all I need to say

• Government is just right.

Suppose America were a direct democracy, where the people decided everything instead of elected officials. You mean to say more legislation would be made, with all of the differing opinions in this country? As for taxes, do you really wish for children to be uneducated, to have no health care, to have no funded police force or military, and have no leading figurehead?

• I don't care

Most of the arguments stating our nation is or is not too big, are opinionated and have lack of sound facts. You make us educated citizens look unintelligent when you share our beliefs. If you don't have anything intellectual to say don't say anything at all. You are just insulting your own intelligence.

• We have to stop mortgaging our kids future...

The irony to me is that the "progressives" suggest that anyone the unending growth of government is cruel. For example, they say 'conservatives don't care about the elderly or education.' But run away government growth and spending passes to our kids. Let's grow up, 'man up' and not pass our problems on to the next generation.