Is the United States government currently an example of synarchism and secret rule by hidden elites?

• It is one-party rule.

Yes, the United States government is currently an example of synarchism and secret rule by hidden elites, because the Republicans and Democrats more or less work together to decide how it is going to be for the American people. Candidates are decided before there are even elections. It is all decided for us without our having a say.

• Hidden elites exist and are necessary.

The United States government is currently an example of synarchism and secret rule by hidden elites. Our government has protections at very high levels, and if we knew their names and how to access them, then we wouldn't have the protections we do in our great democracy. Some people might not like the idea of hidden elites, but if we didn't have them, we would have deeper governmental problems.

• Yes it is

I think that the United States government is a current example of synarchism and secret rul by hidden elites. Many people will choose not to believe this but I feel that this is true. One man's vote makes little difference. The real power comes from wealth. Who controls the wealth? Who controls the power?

• Keep the conspiracy theories in films and books.

No, I really don't think that the United States government is an example of synarchism and secret rule by hidden elites. I know conspiracy theories are a lot of fun, especially for people who yearn to believe that humans aren't cruel just for the sake of being cruel. But they're just fiction. Besides, our elite aren't exactly hiding themselves.

• No It Is Not

Synarchism is defined as the belief in the abolition of all government and the organization of society on a voluntary, cooperative basis without recourse to force or compulsion. While I do believe the United States has far more powerful people behind the scenes who wield just as much power as our elected officials, I do not believe synarchism is their main tenet.