• Yes they are.

The United States of America is guilty of torture. Is that a bad thing? No, it is not because there are many countries in the world who use torture to get information and if a capture enemy has information that can save hundreds or thousands of live, they should be tortured.

• The US has used torture.

I believe that the United States is guilty of torture. We know for a fact that the US government has employed waterboarding and other torture techniques to those detained in GITMO. So it is not a stretch to say that the United States is guilty of utilizing torture to detainees.

• The United States is guilty of torture

The United States is guilty of torture. This is because of the fact that the United States has been documented torturing it's enemies and civilians many times. Prisoners of Guantanamo Bay have been recorded suffering through various tortures at the hand of the United States. This includes sensory deprivation torture.

• Evidence suggests that the United States mistreated some political prisoners.

Photographic evidence of some prisoners at Guantanamo Bay, as well as some firsthand witness accounts, suggests that the United States used extreme aggression, or torture as the case may be, while interrogating suspected terrorists and political prisoners. If this evidence is true, then it is clear that the United States is guilty of torture.

• Yes, but so is everyone else

The United States is guilty of torture, there is no doubt about that. But, every other nation also uses torture in some form or another I'm sure and likely uses torture that is much worse is many cases. However, I think the United States should be an example for the rest of the world and not use torture.

• Yes, we are.

Yes, I think that the United States is guilty of torture. There is no way that with how powerful a country we are that we wouldn't be guilty of torture at times. I don't think that this is necessarily right, but it's what those with power think has to be done.

• We know this for a fact.

Yes, it is. We know this for a fact. We have documented evidence of the torture. And whatever the victims may have done, nothing justifies it. Torture is a violation of human rights. However, I'd be careful of the phrasing. People from the United States are guilty of it, and the government is guilty of endorsing it, but not every American bears the responsibility for it.

• Yes, absolutely guilty.

The United States is definitely guilty of torture. The water-boarding, the photographs, the evidence is incontrovertible. It's equally clear that our people were doing what they thought necessary to save lives. Was it helpful? I doubt it. If you manage to break someone's will with torture, to the point where they're willing to tell you their deepest secrets, they'll also be willing to lie and tell you whatever you want to hear.

• The US Did Use Torture

There is no way to deny the fact that the United States did indeed use torture. This has been well documented and there is plenty of information about it available across the Internet. It is important to remember that the American people did not approve this, it is just another sign that the American government is deviating from the wishes of the people they supposedly serve.