• It's a stupid rule

Being from the UK the idea that guns are legal defies belief. Having easy access to such violent weapons that can kill instantaneously makes no sense. The lax laws on who can possess them is ridiculous. Don't give me this guns don't kill, people do. One just has to look at the amount of incidents, Columbine, the Connecticut shooting etc etc to realize how dangerous and stupid they are. The amount of gun deaths in the US is astronomical and they should definitely be banned.

• Yes and no.

In a way it is , in a way it isn't. Civilians owning a gun can be useful in rare cases as terrorism, but on the other hand it gives to much power to those criminal minded civilians who have the guts to wreck chaos and act as if that gun gives them total power.

• Statistics don't lie

People don't think they can get hurt with their own guns, like they are smarter than everyone else who has a gun. The fact it is that is more likely to be used against them or their families, or be involved in a household accident that harms or kills children. It is naive to think people are smarter than everyone else.

• They are also crazy.

Americans take this gun rights thing way too far. The constitution is so ridiculous in this respect it's insane. Can you imagine how many people have died because of that stupid clause in the constitution? It was written hundreds of years ago and is obviously out of date. It needs to be revised.

• I don't think so

I think the US needs better gun laws surrounding ownership, but I don't think the US is naive. The right to bear arms is a constitutional right. If we take that away, what other rights can we take away? I think it's a very slippery slope, but there is no doubt we need better laws surrounding gun onwership.