Is the United States of America the best country in the world?

Asked by: dangerousduck
  • No, it is not.

It's not the greatest country in the world. There is no evidence that proves that statement and is fully fueled by emotions. We're 7th in literacy, 27th in math, 22nd in science, 49th in life expectancy, 178th in infant mortality, 3rd in median household income, 4th in labor force, and 4th in exports. We beat the world in only three categories: number of people incarcerated per capita, number of adults who believe angels are real, and defense spending. Ww spend more than the next 26 countries combined, 25 whom are allies.

• Government is inefficient, shady

The modern U.S. Government is certainly not what our founding fathers had in mind. Political parties argue incessantly, for no reason other than the fact that they hate each other because they're supposed to. A few days ago I might have answered "Yes" to this question, up until I learned of something called "Operation Northwoods". It was a conceptual plan by the U.S. military to perform undercover terrorist attacks on its own population to justify a war against Cuba. It was drafted by the Joint Chiefs of Staff and signed by Chairman Lyman Lemnitzer, but eventually struck down by the Kennedy administration, which may or may not have led to his untimely death. It destroyed my faith in my country and government. I have never considered 9/11 to be any kind of inside job, but it isn't so hard to believe considering the government was at one point willing to bomb its own people to justify a war against Cuba.

• Of course not. Rome was better. NZ is better. Canada is better, those are just off the top of my head.

I recently watched a show set in Canada, all the people randomly found on the street were SO MUCH more polite than a random person on the street in America. They invite people who waste their time to social events. New Zealand has a similar attitude. America however decides to shoot first and then look silly when it turns out they were innocent.

And America, as dangerousduck says, is far behind in almost every field. It's clearly doing SO WELL economically- putting it to great use if they still have only the 49th best life expectancy. Pathetic for a world power.

• I'd prefer Canada.

The US has hundreds of issues and I can't believe it basically runs the world. Here are a few issues: racism and the current uproar in police brutality; guns, because if you're supposedly a civilised country why do you need them or find it offensive when someone suggests taking them away; lack of universal health care and all those that don't want it like, yeah, let's just let poor people die in the street, haha; the fact that religion is seen as fact and not faith; and many others. So no, the US is not the best country in the world.

• No, Definitely not.

You cannot say that any one country is in all ways better than any other one country. You can say that maybe with civil rights that america is better than most countries (I am positive that this is not the case, it is just an example) But you cannot say that any country is better in every way, as each country is better than one thing than another.

Scratch says2015-07-09T00:04:57.343
How many times can this question be asked??! The main questions are about sodomites, if America is racist, and if its the 'best country in the world'. Sodomy is wrong, America is not racist, and IT IS THE BEST COUNTRY IN THE WORLD!!!
Donderpants says2015-07-09T02:28:32.853
No, it sucks regardless. Not worst by a long distance, but it's got a terrible life expectancy, appalling debt and the people aren't known for being friendly (go to Canada instead, you'll see how much nicer they are.)
Donderpants says2015-07-09T02:29:16.897
It's best at one thing- KILLING EVERYONE ELSE! In every other way, it sucks.
Donderpants says2015-07-09T02:29:42.157
Or at least isn't the best at everything other than killing.
SquoomperFlomp says2015-07-09T04:32:43.253
No, actually, at times the U.S. makes me wish I lived in a 3rd world country fighting for and barely even surviving and the only way I can survive is the consumption of my own feces.