Is the United States pushing a sort of soft form of censorship of the Internet?

• United States Censorship

I personally think that the United States is pushing a sort of soft form of censorship of the Internet but the United States should be pushing a censorship for the Internet because of young children's safety as well as to stop cyber bulling. I personally think that the United States is pushing the fact in a sort of soft form.

• Yes They Are

As an American citizen I come across sites that I can not access because my government is censoring the site. I believe the United States is pushing a soft form of censorship on the Internet based on already existing laws that make their actions legal. I don't support this but its better than full blown censorship.

• no, the USA is not. Not yet, at least.

As far as I can tell, with all of the paranoia and hyperbole aside, the United States is not censoring the internet in any way. There are several countries who have, including Great Britain, but the USA seems to be holding firm with internet freedom. Hopefully it stays this way.

• Censorship is not in legal swing.

The United States is not pushing a sort of soft form of censorship of the Internet. If it is, it is not obvious to most of the public. Most of the governing on the internet is done with self-censored sites, with moderators in place. In addition, there are buttons on some sites where people can click things like "This is inappropriate" if they think something should be censored.

• We are still free.

No, the United States is not pushing a sort of soft form of censorship of the Internet, because the United States has a free Internet, compared to places where it is actually censored, like China. In fact, the United States seems to be going in the opposite direction, with net neutrality initiatives.